XBox 360 (not really mobile, but...)

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ancestor(v), Aug 3, 2007.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #2 ancestor(v), Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Asmodai

Asmodai MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2007
    the weird part is, I have a 360 but it doesnt get hot AT ALL

and its still the first version, I did get a scratched DVD so that sucked... still a great system :)

4. sunaami

sunaami MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    How do I transfer data from one Xbox 360 hard drive to another? I want to go from one 20GB to another one. This is because my xbox just died, but the hard drive is fine. I bought it from costco and it is possible to return it there for a new one if I return everything that originally came with it. That means I would have to return the hard drive with all of my save content. Is it possible to transfer the content to another hard drive(my friend's) and then return it to the new hard drive that would come with the xbox I would buy?

5. dawhat

dawhat MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    There's a hd transfer cable (migration kit) out there from MS, but from what I know it only came with the black elites. I don't think they sold it in the states separately. Just look up "xbox hard drive transfer cable" in ebay and you'll see it come up.

6. XeoNoX

XeoNoX MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
    it is definatly the heat, those things get hot, mainly the GPU.

7. Stathis

Stathis MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    #8 Stathis, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    Mostly the problem was with the GPU. It sits under the drive with a small heatsink and get very hot. The new versions of the xbox 360 have an extented GPU heatsink and lower voltages to keep the GPU cooler. They also made the CPU die smaller from 90nm to 65nm to make the CPU cooler and low the cost of the console.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    They did multiple things to fix the issues with it and I completely concur with Stathis cause what he said is correct....
    Pretty much what would happen is that the gpu would just come off the board (from what I've heard) cause of the high temps...
    Also a problem was that the heat sink was just not effective enough to fix this so what did they do they made a bigger one haha think the iphone but better its called the ipad yea right....
    I've been too afraid to open it up cause of the warranty cause if I open it my warranty goes bye bye....

9. KruB

KruB MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    i love you... my xbox 360:hug2:

10. douglaswalkers

douglaswalkers MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Xbox 360 is one of the best gaming console that was created by Microsoft. Xbox 360 provide Ring of Light and Xbox Guide Button and Xbox Live in silver version and Gold version. It also support Xbox Market Place that allow you to download game trailers and demos and also content of games. Now, Microsoft officially announced that it will launch new version of Xbox that will be popular as a Xbox 720.

11. Corporal

Corporal MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2012
    xbox 360 is better.