Xbox One Controller on Windows Server 2019

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cbptest, Jan 26, 2019.

1. cbptest

cbptest MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2017
    Hi,

I've been paying around with Windows Server 2019 and also tried to test if the Xbox controller works on it.
    Unfortunately, i didn't manage to make it work since the driver cannot be installed. I've tried multiple driver versions from Microsoft catalog, with no success. It doesn't work if connected wired or wireless (via Xbox Wireless Adapter dongle or Bluetooth).

The curios part is that on Windows Server 2016, it worked without any issues and without any additional drivers.

Have some of you guys succeeded in making it work?

Thanks

2. Zana Keene

Zana Keene MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2018
    seems it doesn't work, i tried with microsoft's wireless adapter and wired with an xbox one elite controller and no success, it doesn't even find the drivers.
    copying the driver files from a desktop windows 10 installation matching the same build does not work aswell

3. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
  4. cbptest

cbptest MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2017
    I've made a little bit of progress by taking the drivers from a Win 10 LTSC 2019 and put them in Win Server 2019. Modified the .inf file and installed them by disabling driver signature.
    The controller shows like it's connected (via wired cable) and the Xbox logo no longer blinks, but still, in Device Manager it shows a warning; even though on driver details i have the same drivers as on 2019 LTSC.
    It also says that the information in registry is incomplete.

Ideas?