XFX 780i P10 SLIC 2.1 (DELL) + MEDIA SHIELD v9.87 + AWD894

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by chinobino, Apr 9, 2010.

1. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #1 chinobino, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. acidrock

acidrock MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2008
    #2 acidrock, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Thanks Dude your mod rom working great for my board.

currently my system running Q9550 OC to 3.83Ghz 9800GT x 2 in SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator Series 160GB x 2 Hitachi in Raid 0 Corsiar HX-750W

3. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Hi acidrock, you're welcome.

Did you use the SLIC version for activation or the non-SLIC?

4. acidrock

acidrock MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2008
    For ur info i use the slic version

5. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks for the info :).

6. apronk

apronk MDL Novice

May 9, 2010
    Worked perfectly on my XFX 780i as well (with SLIC)
    Could you please make on for the 790i Ultra as well?

Thank you very much!

7. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    You're very welcome.

I could mod the EVGA 790i Ultra P10 BIOS but I don't have an XFX 790i Ultra motherboard (I have the Asus Striker II Extreme 790i Ultra, but it uses a special Asus BIOS) so I'd have no way of testing it and I really don't want to brick anyone's motherboard, sry.

8. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    You should be able to use the modded BIOS without any issues, the BIOS will recognise an XFX 780i board as a match (and an EVGA 780i board as a mismatch).

9. jerminator

jerminator MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Hi!

I am sorry that I am digging up an old post, as my first post, but I have been following the BIOS mod instructions from this site for months and months, very successfully. I have never felt the need to register, as there has always been someone else who beat me to the BIOS mod request.

I actually made an account to ask you specifically about this bios. I need slic 2.1 for win7 on a P10 bios for an EVGA 790i SLI Ultra. CPU-Z shows the motherboard as model "132-CK-NF79"

This specific post is all I could pull up in reference to my 790i and a modded p10 bios. I tried flashing to the modded p8 bios, but it was not successful. AWDflash rejected the bios file, saying it wasn't for my motherboard.

I will be eagerly awaiting any response. :worthy::worthy:

Thanks!

10. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    apronk - I don't know if you still have your XFX 790i - I actually started work on the XFX 790i P10 but I am at a stage where I need to physically access a working XFX 790i Ultra motherboard to modify some strings in the boot & decompression block bin's, all other modules have been modified and replaced.

If I can get my hands on a XFX 790i Ultra I will complete the BIOS and upload it here at MDL.

jerminator - Sry for the late reply - I can easily SLIC the EVGA 790i Ultra P10 BIOS for you, in fact I will be uploading the whole XFX & EVGA 780i/790i BIOS collection for easy access shortly, which will include the EVGA P10 BIOS, with Dell SLIC 2.1 (and SLP for XP).

As for the BIOS flashing issues you've been having - you'll need to use Awardflash v8.65 with the following 3 switches to flash over the BIOS that came with your board;

awdflash NF79P10.BIN /py /wb /cd

Unfortunately XFX released some newer production boards with a Nvidia reference BIOS (811N1P5P) instead of the XFX BIOS (811N3P5P), hence the error message "The program file's part number does not match with your system!" when you try to update with an offical XFX BIOS.

11. JoeSmoke

JoeSmoke MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2011
    Sorry to bother and bring up an old thread but I have a quick question.... I keep getting an error message when I try to run the flash it says: "The version of this file is not compatible with ther version of windows you're running. check your computers system information to see whether you need x86 (32 bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher" ..... I am running a 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate.... was this made for 32bit ???

12. Kaiyn

Kaiyn MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi Chino!

Thank you for these files! I recently updated my XFX 780i MoBo using your non-SLIC rom, and everything went smoothly. I actually did it from within windows using the NVIDIA installer with no issues. I used the 'Clear CMOS' option there, and had to reboot it a few times upon initial restart to get it to find my SATA drives, but it was not a problem at all.

My question: I found this ROM on another forum you posted on, and that one did not have the SLIC version. This update was preparation for a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate, and I am doing some hardware changes to the system before updating, and want to get all my 'ducks' in a row before I install the new OS. (Yeah, I skipped Vista...don't change the software until you need to...). Not having the pleasure of dealing with Vista, I am not aware of the 'needs' of the OS for SLIC. Do I need to install the SLIC version you have posted in this thread for a Windows 7 install?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

13. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Hi Kaiyn, as you probably know by now, you only require the SLIC BIOS to activate the OEM versions of Windows 7 (SLIC v2.1) and Vista (SLIC v2.0 or v2.1).

If you have a retail version of Windows 7 or Vista you can just activate it online.