Experience Index Returns (Open-source)

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Muerto, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep my friend here my result still fantastic application no issues, amazing GUI and which languange you write code I'm curious :):worthy:

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Will definitely test this. As for Vista/2008, there are plenty of other such tools (like the Winaero one) and the built-in feature. Nothing lost. :whistling:

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok and remember that this tools are made by MDL members (hb860 & QuantumBug) ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #224 Muerto, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    (OP)
    Tiger, up until Xiret I developed with VB. NET. Everything past this is written in C#. NET.

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    And thanks carlos I appreciate it. I'm off to Portugal until 16th but am taking Xiret project with me in case of bugs.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    simply works like a charm dude and thanks for the info :D

7. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Good to have you back, QB!

A few issues:
    1. Xiret is back to displaying the not most-up-to-date assessment :(
    The latest one is from July 11th 2016, and it's showing the one from April 13th 2016 (the 2nd most up to date one). The relevant files, if needed, should be in this topic in one of my previous posts. Similarly to previous posts, when I ran Xiret the first time, it did display the one from July 11th 2016, but closing and reopening it causes Xiret to display the assessment from April 13th 2016.
    Running Xiret as admin changes nothing.
    2. Is it possible for you to add high DPI support for Xiret? I think it's a bit blurry here on 150% DPI.
    3. When uploading to Imgur, the browser opens with the image, so Xiret's notification about it gets behind the browser's window. Can you make the notification on top of all other windows?
    4. As Windows Vista is no longer supported, I'd remove the "Windows Vista" section from System scoring window.

Nice work mate :)

8. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
  9. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #229 Muerto, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks everyone for your bug reports. I'm looking into fixing them now. I really appreciate you helping me to find issues.

ItielMaN, could you please send me all of your XML scores in a zip file?

Regards, QB.

10. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #232 Muerto, Sep 16, 2017
    (OP)
    Okay;

@Carlos Detweiller - The DPI scaling has issue has now been solved, sorry this issue occured as it shouldn't have, but a piece of incorrect code on various forums was causing an incorrect value to be returned. In my defense, I forgot the list of changes as Xiret was left for quite some time as I was near to scrapping the project - I kind of got lost a while ago and released with minimal testing.

@ItielMaN - Legend as usual, thanks bro. I'll list what is going on below.

1. This will be resolved in the next version by returning dates from an array. I've fixed the same mehod twice now and nothing has worked, so I'm taking a different approach (thanks can be sent to MichaelaJoy for her help.
    2. When I have changed my desktop to 150DPI all apps show slightly blurry, I will look into some sort of anti-aliasing, maybe this will sove the issue.
    3. This has been solved, thanks again :)
    4. Good idea, done.

Again, thanks everyone for your support. Xiret has had over 50,000 downloads over various places on the internet now, I'm pleased and grateful.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    I just reported it like a good user should do. It didn't bother me in the slightest. And, as I said, actually quite a lot applications have problems at non-100%/96dpi scaling. :)

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #234 Muerto, Oct 15, 2017
    (OP)
    I am still working on the final update for this version of Xiret. As for the recode version, this is still on the way. I've read back through all posts and I'm adding portions which were never added.

13. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #235 Muerto, Nov 15, 2017
    (OP)
    Nearly ready to release a version 2 beta. Just working on changing which way data is collected from the operating system, and I'm patching some performance issues.

14. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #236 Muerto, Nov 16, 2017
    (OP)
    Here are some images of Xiret's redesigned tool windows. Structured for viewability and ease. I'm now completing the update system and a thorough application check of all code. Performance issues have been rectified, it was found to be incorrect WinAPI calls.

All UI aspects and code were designed by me, without third party DLL files. Special thanks MichaelaJoy for all her assistance throughout development of version 2, without her teaching me certain things this would be a very different application.

Regards, QB.

15. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Even if it's quiet, we are still here.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about coding. Hope that my moral support still counts. :p

16. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #238 Muerto, Nov 23, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks buddy, three things left to finish - Update system, uncaught exception handler and the hardware toggle to show which hardware was rated. Shouldn't be too long. Testers should get a copy within the week. I'm not publicly releasing any more BETA's, so I will message those interested.

17. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #239 Muerto, Dec 29, 2017
    (OP)
    Hi all. A test version will be available tomorrow from around 10PM GMT. I need to work out a few small things but it's late here and I'm tired. Below is an image of the font corrections and the release UI, which may slightly change. I've managed to get hardware load times down to < 1 seconds on i5 or i7 processors. This will vary per machine. Bugs can be reported right here.

I'm extremely happy with how version two is turning out, enthusiasm from users residing in various places, testers and in general people who support me. Just a note to say this will be the last major version and I will continue bugfixes. I plan to make Xiret2 open source in the future so beginners can take a good look through and hopefully learn something, this app is cross-code so it will be available in C# and VB.NET. My UI Framework codenamed "Gambol" will also be available open source in C# and VB.NET.

Before release I need to finish the language files, makes some changes to the UI framework and finish the update system. There is still quite a bit to do since I'm experiencing a very busy life right now it's hard to keep up with this application when I'm working on lots of other projects and working on building stuff with MichaelaJoy.

Finally a note on hardware. Some manufacturers are returned as codes, example. Corsair showing as "0215", if you encounter this issue please post the code you're receiving and the manufacturer of the device here and I'll add changes to my list.

Known issues:

1. Not showing primary disk in hardware mode - Fix in progress.
    2. Memory showing "Generic Manufacturer" - Fixed.
    3. Text too small on 14" 1080p monitor - DPI scaling is your friend, try 125%. Xiret does not require sign out after changing.
    4. Notification disappear too quickly - Hover the notification text area and the thread will pause.

18. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Looking good, QB!
    If that wasn't obvious a very long time ago, I'd like to get a test release whenever you're ready :)