Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by QuantumBug, Apr 7, 2016.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Reported for being too sexy
Good to see you again!
Send me a new beta version when that'll be available.
Nice to hear from you man. I'll make sure to inbox you. Take care.
You need to login to view this posts content.
My server has been purged. Data and resources are temporarily unavailable.
EDIT: Resources and data back online.
The WSLR has been scrapped and an all new reader has been introduced, this allows the user to access important metrics and view hardware information. Its 3x faster and is wrapped with efficient code. This means Management Instrumentation has been fully removed and startup is not hindered by chunky threads.
You can all thank @Michaela Joy for her lessons on XML parsing.
I've also added a new setting "portability" which can be turned on or off. This allows the settings file to be stored in the application directory along with Xiret executable or in the 'appdata/xiret' folder.
Some notes on the update system. It's now automatic and all you need to do is click update when a new version is available, you will also be presented with a menu button when an update is ready on the server. This system has been tried, tested and battered.
A version should be ready to download soon, but unfortunately the new metrics addition will be disabled. This is due to the fact I've never handled huge amounts of XML and need to find the best way to structure the code which will make it readable and (maybe) searchable.
@qb: Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Today I worked on removing deprecated code and resources. This means I managed to get the application from 1MB to under 400kb, very happy.
I'm now modifying the structure and release of B5 should follow. A couple days at max; if I can stop watching Game of Thrones, that is.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 tested, working the same on all machines.
I'm again putting a BIG maybe on Vista. It scales great with the updated Segoe UI font and it runs the test but I have a few critical things to work out, which I think can be achieved with managed unsafe code. I will work hard to make it compatible, but no promises. May as well work the whole set of WEI compatible turds, instead of most.
I have figured out both issues with Vista and I'm working them out. This means rewriting how the assessment runs and how score files are allocated. I shall work in Vista support but not for b5.
Whilst looking at reworking the assessment I've found a big flaw in my code, which means this must be worked out before b5, which I'm doing now. Release is pretty much imminent.
EDIT: B5 is ready for release tonight or tomorrow, I need to see all my notes and review the changelog.
Dude, this looks sick!
Really like the re-design!
1. I'm on 150% DPI (not sure if related though), and strings in several places are cut off from the bottom and are not vertically centered:
See the subscores numbers, and the radio and checkboxes buttons text on the settings window (most of them are not centered to their checkbox/radio)
2. Opening the settings and update windows will result in generic icon on the taskbar, instead of a native Xiret one.
3. Some spacing adjustments are required here:
Also, there appears to be missing text here? After the "Icons" in the end.
4. I'm not sure whether I'm missing an option after the "Configuration" here or not:
5. GAMING GRAPHICS is shown as N/A while Winaero's WEI tool claims it is 9.9. DataStore files attached.
6. Sometimes (well actually most of the times) minimizing and restoring Xiret's windows will result in missing (to some extent) window elements:
All of these screenshots were not edited, simply Alt+Screenshotted + Ctrl+V here.
@ItielMaN - Thanks for your input. I didn't like the B3/B4 design so I ripped it apart again
- Fixed label heights (main form).
- Fixed label text cut off (about section).
- Fixed UI framework bug causing control text to be off-center (settings, global).
- Fixed see-through form issue related to WS_EX_COMPOSITED.
- Fixed form names and icons in the taskbar.
- Fixed anti-aliasing issues.
You're not missing an option under 'configuration', I accidentally missed a label beneath the text. And gaming graphics D3D tests are not scored in Windows 10, therefor the 9.9 is a sentinel value. Hover over the 'N/A' text and you will see a message pop up.
- Pixel spacing between panels on scaling over 125%
Did check b5 in a VM. If the Winsat.log is missing on the system (actually CCleaner and similar tools offer cleaning it), Xiret throws an IO error. Please fix so that error is catched.
Hey dude, is this before or during the test?
Also, is it the error reporter you see pop up?
It was at the start of the formal assessment (Start clicked). It was a technical popup about a System IO Exception that told me it couldn't find WinSAT.log. However, the system did have a score.
Unfortunately, I haven't saved the text. So, I propose to let it rest until I encounter it again (cannot reproduce it right now).
Other than that, it works fine. Some parts of it are still missing (I guess that's why the controls are locked ).
Edit: OK, got it again, on Windows 10 RS5.
Edit 2: Just had a chuckle. VirtualBox video adaptor has a strange way of announcing its memory support.
- Fixed IO exception triggered by missing file
The log reader engine will be completely phased out soon. This will potentially bring the Vista support for B6. The current assessment code is incompatible below Windows 7.
Feel free to send me that assessment XML to see why the memory size is going crazy.
The thing is- this assessment was made way before Windows 10- I think this was back when I had Windows 7.