XP activation - I'm lost

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Holden von Vloppen, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    I've been reading through the posts here, but I'm lost. I've been reading through the stickies and the info about OEM, retail, and VLK, but I don't understand. I have a copy of Windows XP Home that I'll be installing on a No OS PC. Is there an activation tool for XP similar to the Daz Loader for Windows 7? If so, is there an instruction page?

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification guys.

I did notice that AntiWPA wasn't on the top of the list of options, but back in those days, I ve used it several times for activating XP - without noticing any problems with it.

All I can say that it was certainly the 'easiest' one to apply (and that was by key motive for me suggesting it to Holden von Vloppen, as he seems new to this stuff). But surely there must a more serious reason that people do not recommending using that. So what were the disadvantages of using AntiWPA :confused:

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    All I can say is for more serious reason is it can fail same with VLK keys they get blacklisted safest method is OEM SLP 1.0. And also once you tattoo the dmi area and you can make up oem:slp xp cd for user and they can just install windows no need to search for AntiWPA or vlk keys e.c.t OEM SLP will always be genuine. The whole point of the forum is about genuine activation ( If possible) and yes some motherboards do require a bios mod but most don't for slp.1.0. Another point is some motherboards do come with slp. 1.0 string in them asus for example no need to even tattoo the motherboard so always better to use oembios.exe to check first :)

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    That makes sense - and it is a good enough reason to chose it over AntiWPA. Once again thanks for the clarification and apologies for suggesting something that should be avoided :eek:

I can only recommend things to the best of my knowledge - and this - sometimes is flawed...