XP Help [HP Mini 110-1120SA]

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by caz32, May 24, 2010.

1. caz32

caz32 MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Hey people

I'm having some problems.

I recently installed XP Home Edition from a USB stick and when i enter my cd key thats underneath my laptop (on the sticker) it says Invalid.

Is there anything i can do within windows itself to stop activation or would i have to reinstall XP?

[As mention its a HP/Compaq Mini 110-1120SA]

Any help is appreciated been trying to get this to work all day.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Sure its Home edition key and home edition you're installing ?

3. caz32

caz32 MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Yea. I burnt the ISO from my own Home Edition disc just the CD-Key on the bottom of my notebook isn't working.

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Hm im thinking if its a HP royal oemkey, maybe it wont work with general oem xpcd's but it should, well what do i know.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If it was an HP XP OEM SLP cd you don't need to add serial it is already in the winnt.sif file in i386 also MS more or less done away with OEM COA key activation after SP1 i think ( people were just copying COA keys from machines in stores) but i think you can still call MS. If it is not originak HP cd you got with the Machine download OEMBIOS.exe file from the Oembios files sticky and put in on your bootable USB stick and boot and run it it will tell you what oembios files you need then you can either make cd or downlos OEM SLP cd form links on forum.