XP Home Edition eMachines Code.....................Anybody want it?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by adrian2055, Sep 1, 2010.

1. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Hi,

My new emachines desktop..........or nettop has a windows xp home edition sticker on it. I don't plan on using xp ever again so I was wondering if there's an xp user with an eMachines pc that would want this code? I have removed the sticker with the product keycode from the back of my pc and I would mail it to anyone that wants it. My pc came with xp home sp3 so It should activate with the latest xp home version. Anyone?

2. ctyinglee

ctyinglee MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    Hi Would you happen to have the oem disc that came along with it. It would be greatly appreciated if I could grab that

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why don't you not make your own OEM cd all the info is available on the forum. And there are pre made OEM cd links available to download Various, XP PRO OEM SLP CD's

4. ctyinglee

ctyinglee MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    would you happen to have a link? as I cannot find any info as such especially as all of the tablet versions out there are not oem discs

5. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010

I didn't receive one. If emachines sent one out the original owner kept it. I got a vista home premium disc with mine.

6. Huntman007

Huntman007 MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2011
    Hi I have an emachines with vista on it I'm planing to install xp home on it I have an xp home ome cd I just need the key if you still have it Can I have it

Thinks
    Huntman007

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Use OEM:SLP instead...

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Guys, you are here to learn something (but I see that so far you did not manage much)

sebus

9. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    ye, slp licensing works really nice for activating windows. but most people do not know this licensing scheme exists and think the only way to activate windows is with a coa sticker key.

i've purchased a number of pre-owned computers on ebay over the years. a lot of the ones that were owned by private individuals have the coa sticker removed or defaced in some way so that you cannot read the numbers on it. presumably, this was done so that the license key could be used to install the windows operating system on another computer.

i have also purchased a number of refurbished computers where the seller has reinstalled the operating system and activated the system with a coa key. i have not gotten any machines in yet that were slp activated unless they still had the original manufacturer supplied image on the harddrive though.