XP MCE 2005 oem help

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by gazza1988, Jul 12, 2011.

1. gazza1988

gazza1988 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    Hi guys first post just wanted to know something.

bit of background:

i have a gateway gm5046b pc, the hard drive died and i installed an oem xp mce edition on a new hard drive back in 2007.

i have since found it lagging and i have had a virus attack, so im just re-installing again, i downloaded many OEM cds from TPB but all say key is invalid (a retail key works) i dont want a dodgy version so i thought id ask here.

that torrent i downladed has now disappeared and the ones left dont accept the product key on the back (says invalid key) i have tried many different possibilities for a couple of very slightly faded charachters but to no avail.

using the oem bios tool i can use 3 different types

F: Gateway OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=A04597C6
    F: Gateway & eMAchines OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=C86378C7
    F: Elite Group OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=8EE1223C

i have an xbox360 and regularly transcode360 vidoe over to it, and i know there is a certain way to install updates to get it to work, so i am after a sp2 version.

i have read about sha1 files and to be honest i am struggling to get my head round it all.

all i need is an iso file that will install xp mce sp2 on my gateway pc, and i can use my own product key. if anybody (long shot i know) has such an iso they would be willing to share that would be great, of if someone could let me know what i need to do to make on as i feel the tutorials on here are a little vague in their description

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017