XP MCE on Gigabyte motherboard

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tommy_vercetti, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Rev 1.0 board, from this forum I learnt that it has SLP 1 for Gigabyte, I have a MCE 2005 2 CD, not sure which it is Retail or OEM

I also downloaded the OEM BIOS files for the Gigabyte, can anybody tell me how to make it a OEM MCE disk or can I just put the file in the 1 CD and update the setupp.ini with any generic key for MCE, will it work ?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. something2

something2 Guest

#2 something2, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. tommy_vercetti

Apr 3, 2008
    Will give it a try and see

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tommy_vercetti

Apr 3, 2008
    WOW, perfect instructions worked like a charm no need to edit the DMI or anything, can somebody tell me if it will work similarly with the 2003 Server or Windows Home Server as well...

Thanks once again

5. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    #5 Suicide Solution, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Same method as XP, but you must use 2003 Server OEMBIOS files & key.

The only available 2003-WHS OEMBIOS sets that I know have been shared here are for Compaq-HP, Dell, IBM, NEC, and maybe two more which escape me.

They are links in the Server 2008 section, just look through the 2003 Server & Home Server threads.

HP are one of the easiest to setup with DMI editors and if you wanted to edit the DMI to allow both OS disks to activate (Gigabyte XP & Server 2003) just modify the system manufacture string to read like example below:

Code:
    GigabyteHewlett-PackardHP Pavilion