XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alicans, Jan 17, 2010.

1. alicans

alicans MDL Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Why just not link to microsoft own kb site about it .. because i dont think microsoft say that you need to have v support before you can install the xp mode .. or else they would probaly link to it at windows virtual pc support site .. whats the KB on this .. it is showed on the original file .. i havent downloaded this because i dont need some fix because of my motherboard have v-assist in it .. but i still would have the kb nummber so i can install it on my netbook

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Interesting...
    No mention what it actually does...
    And no info on the Net about it Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu & Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu

Also one can not install XP Mode on a processor with no Virtualization, so how to apply the patch?

sebus

4. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Actually you can install XP-Mode even you dont have a Processor with no Virtualization you can use VMlite and actually this works also in Windows Vista it works same way as the Virtual PC for wIN 7 :) But yes i also wonder how its possible when microsoft dont even mention it. :)

5. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Windows XP mode is so slow.... much better the VMlite. and then you can use same xp from microsoft.

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would be careful if I were you if you are interested in these hotfixes. Because Microsoft does not have any info about these patches it appears to be garbage, maybe an unofficial update or something made by a third party. I would just do what night.fox said use vmlite or virtual box or anything like that to achieve the same thing as XP Mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Kikoo

Kikoo MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Well, if it is signed by Microsoft then it is probably OK.

Surely, not all Microsoft employees have access to the private keys, 'delay signing' is the magic word!

8. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Thanks for sharing,
    Have a nice day!

9. alicans

alicans MDL Member

Jan 4, 2009
    yes, because this hotfix is leaked ;)

10. user421

user421 MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2009
    work perfect, thanks

11. confuse

confuse MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    does this really work???have anyone use this update and can use windows xp mode without cpu virtualization??

12. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
  13. clausi

clausi MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    good morning...i have it tested on my notebook...with intel cpu without vt....and it works 100%...thanks for this patch..alle the time i work with virtualbox..now i can work with virtual pc...i hope microsoft support this patch for all people soon..lg claus

14. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Did tried.. very slow on my system...

15. clausi

clausi MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    that is normal freeman virtual pc ist slow and virtualbox ist fast,give more ram to virtual pc..lg claus