Xp oem brand theme...help request

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by itsmerts, Sep 11, 2011.

1. itsmerts

itsmerts MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    I have found tools here to set OEM BRAND THEMES in Win7, but I am looking to brand an ALREADY installed XP pc. I believe I have the themes (downloaded from here). I know how to add a custom .bmp on the properties page but I want to add backrounds, wallpaper, etc.

I appreciate any input or advice.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
    If you open the .Theme file with Wordpad found in the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes, you will see this
    Some things need to be changed in the .msstyles file with resource hacker...what are you trying to do this for??

You know you need a patched UXTheme.dll, right??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itsmerts

itsmerts MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Thank you for your quick response.
    I have used the A7Toolkit found here on Win7 pc's and I am impressed with the whole OEM look and feel (Compared to a generic install).
    While I have created an XP OEM cd for future installs, I wanted to patch up some of my units that already have XP working fine. I have no reason to re-install XP at the moment.
    I am not familiar with "a patched UXTheme.dll". That being said...I will do some research and find out more.

Thanks again, this is a most helpful and informative site.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. itsmerts

itsmerts MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Thank you

Thanks for the help...much appreciated. Will download and start experimenting.