XP - oem disc ??? Bit confused..

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tnx, Apr 1, 2009.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi all.
    Well after my succes of learning how to set up Vista and make an oem dvd to marry up to the modded bios SLIC table i have been messing with Vista and lately Windows 7,very nice too.
    But the other day i found myself delving into the dark side of reverse engineering and app hacking.All i got from vista was UAC interuptions gallore.
    So i decided to sling in my old trusty XP College Edition onto my spare HDD and play with that.
    Ohhhh dear after all these years M.Soft has finally blocked the code and it stopped updating.
    Now really this is no problem,buttttttttttt,well it got me thinking,and that is never good,LOL.

XP oem disc ?????
    How to make one ?
    Can you make one ?

So i returned to hear and read up through the threads.But once again i find myself confused after not really finding answers to the question i have.
    SO....

My mobo is modded with vista SLIC info.
    Can i make a Windows XP oem disc which marrys to my existing bios info and add oem files to an XP disc ?

What i can gather it is not exactly the same procedure as making one for Vista.

can anybody please help this old dog out and point me in the right direction.
    Any and all tips,help and advice would be most appreciated.

cheers....:)

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi...Thanks for the reply.
    I will read those threads.

My mobo is an Abit AW9d Max.

mmmm adding XP bios info,that would bugger up the Vista info...i wouldn't want that..

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    OEM XP Dmi Info

I have the same board, adding the DMI SLP XP information won't affect any Vista SLIC. I have HP SLP and HP SLIC, and dual booting with no problems on either OS.

Mx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    XP SLP and VISTA SLIC exist in different areas, are accessed totally differently, and will not be affected by coexistence. All new OEM systems have informaion for both. HP is the easiest to add, along with any SLP that is read in the DMI area. This is where it get complicated......

Fear not with adding the SLP string. If you added the SLIC, all else if gravy..:D:D

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Now that is exactly what i want to do.

Your SLP and SLIC info are both HP,is it important they are the same ?

be prepaired for an ear bending as i ask you more questions as i get going with this little project.

Not read how to put XP SLP info on yet...I hate working nights,it never leaves me with enough PC play time...

7. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks for this info...

Hope it is easy....

:D

8. fallan

fallan MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2009
    creating OEM SLP restore disk

I would like to make a xp home disc as didnt get one for my (TINY COMPUTER)

Where would i start could some one help me in creating this disk

9. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I believe if you bought a laptop with an OS already installed there is a feature in Windows to make a "back up" type disc.

Back Up probebly aint the right terminology but summet like that.