XP Pro sp2 volume license copy ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by dayusmc, Dec 29, 2009.

1. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    OK, I started a new post because I just replied to a previous post, but just realized VLK and VLC are different things. I need to get or make a XP Pro 64Bit Volume license copy .iso I (company I work for) have a volume license (No activation necessary) and I have my XP Pro sp3 CD, but I need to build a XP Pro 64 Bit machine. I (personally own) XP Pro 64Bit sp2 OEM (bought from CDW) that I have for my own personal computer. The PID on my copy is 76588OEM. Can I use this disk to make a volume license copy for work. I know we use to have some 64Bit computers, so we must have had a 64Bit Volume License Copy disk before, I don't know where the disk is (IT guy before me must have lost it) So, how can I get or make an .iso that I can use my VLC key on. I don't want a hacked copy, I need a legitimate .iso as this is for use at my work. I think it is legal since we own our VLC key and we are defiantly legitimate. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching the internet for days and can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks!!!

2. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    #2 crypto, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why don't you just not contact MS if the company have volume license, that's the company's problem it's not up to you to source the cd.

4. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    Thank you for the reply. I am downloading all the parts to the ISO. This is going to sound like a dumb question, but how do I put them all together to make one ISO image (I know I have done this before, but it must have been a lone time ago) once they are combined into an ISO and I burn it, Will this take my corprate key from my 32Bit version? Sorry for some of the dumb questions, just getting back in the swing of things after being gone for so long.

5. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    Unfortunately in this company (you can probably guess where I work) it is my problem, I have contacted MS already and they were know help, There was a special group that dealt with the account I guess and now we are using Vista and 7, but I need to built a machine for a certain project.

6. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    OK, those downloads were Great!!!! I burned an ISO and started a test image. When I got to the product ID part, it said the product ID I entered is not valid. Why would my Product ID not be valid? It is the same one that I use all the time for out 32Bit XP Pro. I reimage computers everyday at work with our product ID and never get this error. Any Ideas?

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Honestly!?, how do you do your job every day...?
    That is not rocket science (just read!)

Also x64 has DIFFERENT keys than x86 set (yes, also different VLK, you can NOT use x86 = 32bit keys)

sebus

8. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    Well my main job was 0311, I got thrown into IT as a secondary duty. I have to wear a lot of hats around here, doing the best I can. As far as IT goes, this is not what I do on a daily basis. I am spead thin and have to do a lot of different thing. But no need to be rude.

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Sure, no need, but you are not the only one "spead thin"

But all the info is available on a silver platter in a single place (best place on the internet as far as Windows is concerned)

Instead of asking that many questions please read, read, read

sebus

10. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    I have been reading. I guess I am not sure what is the best way of doing this. There are a lot of different ways of doing this stuff and a lot of different terms. i have been on google for days. This is the only place that I have found that is in depth. I have been trying to find our VL Product key, I didn't know it was different than our x86 key. There are no more computers around here that have our x64 XP on them, they have all been converted to vista, so I can't even extrac it. I have even been debating just buying a few more copys of x64 XP out of my own pocket just to get this done. But I really don't have the money (We don't get paid much). I am just learning about this SLP thing. Not sure what is the best way of getting this done. But thank you for the help.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #11 sebus, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    #12 dayusmc, Dec 29, 2009
    (OP)
  13. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #15 sebus, Dec 29, 2009
  14. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    OK, another dumb question. I bought an x64 XP Pro OEM version (from CDW) for my own laptop. Is that CD the same OEM one you are talking about, or is there a different OEM CD that I need?

15. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    The one you bought & the one you downloaded from ppost 2 are (or should be) excatly the same thing!

That CD to activate offline needs the SLP key (one from stickies!) and oembios set for you machine

Where is the question?

sebus

16. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Perhaps I'm missing something here, but he said he downloaded the ISO I posted, which is Windows XP Pro x64 with SP2 (Volume License).
    That ISO + the volume key in my previous post, will work just fine. ;)

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Sorry, true, you gave VL links, I was getting confused in this thread & somehow read that he had ARMPXOEM_EN.iso

Yes, that will be the easiest for him just to use the key!

sebus

18. dayusmc

dayusmc MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2009
    I downloaded the one that you gave me the link to. That one and the one that i bought are different- the one I downloaded from your link was the one I was looking for. But then I couldn't use our VLK with it, so sebus was trying to help me do it a different way. I got the .nfo file from your last post, but do not know how to get the product key from it. I know this is all real simple stuff to you guys, but I am new at this part of IT (Sometime I wish I could just go back to being a rifleman) I am learning SO much from you guys, I can't thank you enough!