XP Re-install

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by xfer, Sep 2, 2011.

1. xfer

xfer MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2010
    I have followed the instructions on the XP installation posts and I am getting "Blocked License" error on WGA testing. Is there a current method of:

1. Generating a key for XP that is acceptable to WGA testing, eg a generator, un-blocked key list, etc. I have a key on the bottom of the machine, but the design of the laptop has rubbed the Microsoft label such that I can no longer make it out. ( I had to replace the defective hard drive, so I cannot use a utility to read the old key off of my drive). Computer is a Gateway Solo 1450, if that matters.

2. A replacement utility for WGAfix or the current tool on this site. Even the current version downloadable from here does not let my machine pass WGA.

I am happy to follow any process currently working to get this laptop back up and running. I realize there is an existing thread for this, but the process on the thread, when followed exactly, does not work.

Just looking for some directions or pointers.

Thanks in advance.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    What kind of laptop? OEM manufacturer??? :doh::eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009