XP recoder[min time allocated]

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by remey, Dec 4, 2014.

1. remey

remey Guest

#1 remey, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    Ah.
    the recorder in XP? is it possible to have it record for longer than 60 seconds?

a reg key hack or some such?

2. remey

remey Guest

#3 remey, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    (OP)
    ouch!
    lol

am sure alot of ppl may have tried the registry
    had a look. nothing in there that appeared['sound recorder' or sndrec32.exe] to make sense or directly dealt with time restriction.
    man this is a pita.
    went to ms community. as Ming mentions, the 3rd party app is an option.
    why wud ms do this, restrict recordings to a limit. doesn't really sit in very well with the xp's useability[ a word? lol sp?], seems to me.
    there has to be something in the registry to manage/control this detail, there just has to be

using search utility at ms support, not a thing showed up as to a registry fix[? perhaps].
    logic says, has said and is saying '' there's a work-around'' for any issue.
    what about isolating the 'recording controls' within the reg.
    what other way is there[using 'terms']?
    i came across such a thing with an apple[dualbooting XP and bootcamp]. I needed to get the mac mini to shut off the main unit [controlling the sound production] and relay/redirect the signal to the digital out[to speakers] at the back of the apple unit. default wouldn't allow one to do this.

there was a fellow who according to himself, isolated and manipulated a sequence of number values within a key.
    sorted it.
    the key[ and more importantly, the sub-keys] appeared to have a ''non-specific'' values-except that the sound card[?] id was of note in the main registry tree. the other entries within seemed/appeared to have no ''relevant'' indicator/value or pointer to the needed sound redirect.
    in reality, something as important as the needed action, shud have been readily available or within easy sorting distance[info on the apple/mac support site and perhaps elsewhere] but there wasn't and still isn't. took a fair amount of effort to find the solution...think luck may have been present.

if anyone needs it or wants it, I would post it.

3. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    "logic says, has said and is saying '' there's a work-around'' for any issue."

With all due respect, just because you want there to be a registry key solution, that doesn't mean one must exist. Perhaps Tito or pisthai can respond to this thread. Those guys have every registry key in existence memorized :worthy:, so they would know.

4. remey

remey Guest

#5 remey, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    (OP)
    ok, point taken. am not looking for attention here, not what I am on about.

to this day, alot of ppl[on mac and ms support sites] are unaware of the solve because it is an unknown.

i'll try and contact the chaps you mentioned.