XP registry hack not working anymore here

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by bcsman, Mar 6, 2018.

1. bcsman

bcsman MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2015
    I applied the registry hack to XP quite awhile ago and it worked fine. I had a couple XP drives that I hadn't used in some months and now I'm not getting any new updates. Is anyone else having trouble with newer updates? My setting is to let me know when updates are available to download. Is there a newer XP update I missed that I need to apply to continue the updates? Thanks for any help...

2. bcsman

bcsman MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2015
    Well I don't have the simplified Chinese version and keep reading in other places folks are still getting the XP updates with the hack. So there must be something I am missing, like an update to allow the other updates. Thanks for the reply, will look into the POS Ready.

3. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Well kick me!! I always install IE8 updates and knew about the fact that you need to keep it updated. But the last 2 or 3 update cycles I was not getting any updates?? Seeing this thread got me thinking and installed the latest update for IE8 from this month and low a behold All updates showed up in a few min.
    :D:eek:

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks guys.:thumbsup:
    I really like seeing stuff like this. XP was my first love (so to speak), so I like to keep up in case I want to install it on the last 32 bit machine I have left. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bcsman

bcsman MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2015
    Just today updated another older XP system with the March IE8 update and got numerous to download. I have installed the Feb IE8 update on a couple others and also received numerous downloads. I will put the March one in and see if the new ones show up. I didn't realize what problemchyld said but very much appreciate the news.