Xp start with many things on screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by chompi, Feb 12, 2012.

1. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    probably is no big problem and no virus problem. when i start windows Xp and shows my icons bum shows MY COMPUTER, then on top ONE NOTE, then another program and i have to star to close one by one. i mean no like startup. this prblem is because opens in m full screen. do you have any ideas why this happen.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    if start up is clean just check mouse or keyboard (try with different hardware and ports ps/2 usb)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    thank to you.I thing this is a different kind of problem. no related to starup. when i start windows Xp.. after the screen with my icons.. jumps my computer, if i dint click MY COMPUTER, why this happen.. then on top jumps ONE NOTE.. and on top another...i have to click the X at the corner to close one by one..no big deal, but no suppose to be like that. maybe now i explain better.any ideas ...

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You say it i is not related to startup well something is running or opening them that is why I mentioned WhatInStartup v1.33 and use that to check, it wont do any harm.

6. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    when it is happens:
    for ps/2 and usb
    1. try to disconnect mouse. if opening stops then replace your mouse with new one.
    2. try to disconnect keyboard. if opening stops then replace your keyboard with new one.
    also for usb (additional)
    a) check bios (legacy mode for usb mouse/keyboard)
    b) connect in another free usb port

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Okey i am going to try all you recomended and i lets know what happen. sorry about my grammar.