Xps 730

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by saifock, Sep 10, 2009.

1. saifock

saifock MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    #1 saifock, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Hi guys'N girls

first of all i am really noob as you guys says it.
    Is there anyone else in here that has the same problem with activating windows 7?
    My buddy have also used the same cd that i have but for him he got activated.:mad:

My brand is Dell XPS 720
    And
    BIOS SLIC Version : 2.0
    BIOS SLIV Vendor : Dell B8K

If that information helps....

Many thanks in advance if you guys could tip me off with this:)

regards
    Saifock

2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #2 HotCarl, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. saifock

saifock MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    Hi HotCarl!

Thanks man for the tip!!!

This gives me an idea! The cd that i've downloaded were already "activated" by BIE
    So i dont know what loader he/she used on that cd. And i dont really know how to find it out either and uninstall it. So i think i gonna make another download. And again Thank you man!

regards Saifock

4. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    #4 ailef, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Yes, good idea... :)

I definitely recommend downloading an untouched iso of Windows 7. The so-called "pre-activated" versions are modified thus making it more difficult to install a different loader if the one that came with it does not work. Do yourself a favor and download an "original" legit copy of Win7 and then use Daz's loader to activate it. You will have a much easier time than trying to figure out what BIA did (and reverse it) in order to get a better loader working...

EDIT:
    A BIOS mod is the best way to go as far as activation is concerned...you just run the risk of bricking your PC if the flash goes wrong (which can "just happen" in rare instances (or if you do it incorrectly), and the risk increases when flashing from Windows; I recommend using a USB boot-disk to flash from DOS if you want to flash...).
    Loaders are the safest approach as the worst that will happen is Windows will not boot if something goes wrong, in which case you can just reinstall Windows if you have a problem (you can also get Windows booting again via the Recovery Console as well, but I will not go into that unless you have a problem)...but at least your system is not rendered useless though, as with a bad flash. The only down side to loaders is that there is the *possibility* that Microsoft may be able to deactivate them with a future Windows Update...but you can just install a newer loader (with a newer SLP key if necessary) and you should be good to go again. ;)