xps600 goals

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xps600bandit, May 22, 2010.

1. xps600bandit

xps600bandit MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Hi, I'm new to the forum but I have been searching around and not been able to find the information I want.

I have been wanting to open the bios from my dell xps 600 rev. A11. I have two goals in doing this the first is I want to add microcode into the bios for core2duo processors and the second is to unlock the voltage and other adjustments that are hidden in the bios.

The bios does not have slic 2.0 so If some one could PM me and give me some tips about where to start by opening up the bios in an editor that would be great, I tried to use winphlash to get the bios file with no luck.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. xps600bandit

xps600bandit MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Thats where I got winphlash from. I could not get the bios backed up with it. Its a pheonix type bios so I'm not sure what else to use

4. xps600bandit

xps600bandit MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Basicly I am just asking for some one to PM me with the links to get me started down the right path as I am new to this. I have had some prior experiance with hexdecimal in motorola RSS. I know alot of people that are looking to add core2duo support on these old xps600's. They have a Nforce4 board which is capable of running it, it just needs microcode added and voltage adjusted. If some one could point me to the programs needed to open the DXG51A11 exe. and retrive the bios, the tools to then edit it and then repackage it. Sorry for being a novice and all the infomation in all the stickies is slightly overwhelming just starting out.