Yahoo Mail Default Firefox 3 and Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by susa320, Nov 9, 2008.

1. susa320

susa320 MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
  2. susa320

susa320 MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    :confused: Me again...sorry if I'm being pesty...anyone know how I just delete "mailto" out of Firefox....can't find in C:/program....etc...or in about:config

3. susa320

susa320 MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    :confused: I'm bumping this up....I still haven't gotten this fixed. Hasn't anyone else ran into this? I did try to uninstall and re-install Firefox and just updated to the newest version of 3 a few days ago. Been on firefox forums too. :confused:

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Firefox has nothing to do with your mail, you need to install thunderbird or use outlook express and set one of those ase default mail client.

5. susa320

susa320 MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    #5 susa320, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
    (OP)
    :) Thanks for the input urie. But, I finally figured it out...I thought it was because I just got a Vista machine and added all my favorite programs, that's when the problem started...Yahoo mail worked just fine and dandy in Firefox 3 and my old XP...I wouldn't have any idea why Vista would require me to use a client based email such as Thunderbird or Outlook Express with Firefox versus a web based Yahoo......Well, the problem was with AT&T Yahoo. I did a un-install and re-install of that and Voila. I got my Yahoo back the way it's suppose to be. I did have it set as "Custom" in defaults, just a bad string. I was in the registry and noticed the garbeled up jargon int the mailto protocol under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail.....AT&T was the culprit. Maybe should of installed AT&T last....beats me. Glad I got it tho.

Maybe this will help someone else in the future who has AT&T Yahoo but prefers to use Firefox for most part.

Oh yeah and the new Firefox 3 actually is a more friendly format for use of Yahoo and G-mail...evidently just doesn't play well with AT&T,

:cool: ~Susa