Yamaha driver link https://sites.google.com/site/yamahasoundcarddriver is dead! HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by palbertsma, Jun 22, 2013.

1. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
  2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    How do you know the original dead link contained the windows 7 files ? Its probably the same as all the rest

3. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    For about a year I also installed Windows 7, although not a lite version but a regular version, which was far to heavy BTW. Then I installed that driver (of the link that is dead now) and it really worked! So I have the prove that thát driver was the solution to have sound on the Toshiba.

BTW: thank you for your prompt reaction and reflecting!

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm almost sure that you can install the old driver in x86 Windows 7 (with some driver signing related warnings).

:busted_blue:

6. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    That's what I tried in the first place, but that didn't work out: the reason that I ask for help!;)

7. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Thank you! I am not sure if I tried this one, but I will try right now!

I have to download every file of the driver separately, so it takes some time, but I surely will return ASAP!

8. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Unfortunately it doesn't work! Also in this driver the header still says it is not for Windows 7.

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I think all of the drivers are identical, the dead link is the exact same file name as the others, I doubt it was any different, install the XP driver in compatibility mode

10. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Unfortunately this version of Windows 7 Lite does not have the Compatibility tab, so I can't change the compatibility of the driver. Is there another way to change the compatibility? E.g. per commmand line, in a prompt or whatever? If that is possible it would be worth trying this also.

After my attempt to install this is the output:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODED (WDM)

The system cannot find the file specified.

Maybe this might help to find a solution?:eek:

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Do yourself a favour and dump windows 7 lite and install full untouched version. That is just the first problem you have encountered using a stripped version what would be next.

12. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I do agree with you, but by doing so the laptop isn't workable anymore: so the only way is this lite version of Windows 7.

For the rest this lite version is just great: I also use this on my desktop, next to the full version of 7 and 8, and it's lightning fast, and without issues whatsoever! So I use this version on my desktop in stead of the official, full versions: I like the speed of it!

I tried to make a compatibility.cmd file with following commands:

set __COMPAT_LAYER=WinXP
    E:\Toshiba\install.exe

The install.exe is the driver install folder; E is the USB pen drive, on which is the folder.

But this doesn't do anything: what do I do wrong?

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  14. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Some of the registry strings don't even exist in this lite version, so I'm afraid this is a no-goo_O

I am at the point of giving up: is there any solution out there?

Is it possible to change something in the oem7.inf to make it compatible for Windows 7 in THAT way, in stead of using the compatibility mode (in my case impossible to use)?

If it is useful to show the contents of that oem7.inf I will show it here, but it is a rather long story...;)

15. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I found another Setup for the driver; during installation it says:

UseDLL failed.

Couldn't load SETINF.DLL

By finding SETINF.DLL the solution might be in reach!?

16. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    #18 palbertsma, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    (OP)
    Does anybody has a SETINF.DLL? I looked around on the internet, but even at DLL-download sites it is absent.

So if someone has this file and is willing to share, I would be very grateful for that! The path would probably be:

%ProgramFiles%\InstallShield Installation Information\{3663DDE0-D8AE-11D3-9850-00C04F7AC096}\setinf.dll

It is worth trying to add this file to the installation folder, in order to see if this enables the installation.

17. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...simple google search lead me to a lot of hits. After reading quite a few I am convinced the deleted driver on Rapidshare AND the driver available on 4shared are exactly the same. :rolleyes:- I am pretty sure the XP driver (5.2.3662.0) works on the (official) Windows 7.