Yes, Windows 7 SP1 is on the horizon

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by OEM-USER, Jan 14, 2010.

1. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #2 FreeStyler, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Official release date is supposed to be set at October 2010 (According the roadmap)
    so I would not hold your breath until then ;)

3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Hmm pretty fast dev of SP1 but I think they've already started with it at the 71xx builds of Win7...

4. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

October 2010 ... obsolescence comes out much sooner ... ;)

5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #5 Brainsuck, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Windows Seven sp1 Details

It's no secret that Microsoft has been hard at work to further improve Windows 7. According to many sources, the first service pack for Redmond's new OS is just around the corner. Today, all across the blogosphere, sites are reporting new details about the upcoming update to Microsoft's most user friendly OS to date. ITChuiko says that "according to sources at Microsoft, a preliminary version of SP1 will be in June 2010 and will be accessible only to testers, whereas the final version is expected by September 2010."

ZDNet is reporting that, as standard with all service packs, SP1 will include all the patches and bug fixes that have been released since Windows 7's October debut. In addition, users can expect tweaks and fixes made under the hood, based on user feedback. The only "big" changes that will come with SP1 are USB 3.0 support, and according to InfoWorld, "enhancements to the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi stacks." This is said to continue making Windows 7 "the most easily configured version [of an OS] ever." ITChuiko also suggests that there may be "some entirely new features that should raise the popularity of this operating system in the business sector."

ZDNet questions Microsoft's reasons for pushing SP1 so quickly. According to many analysts, it seems like the trend of businesses is to wait and see what happens after a new OS is introduced, before deploying it. Because of this, it's possible that Microsoft is aiming to get SP1 out the door as soon as possible. They want to send a message to businesses that, "hey, we're continuously supporting Windows 7, it's stable, and it's ready for the corporate world." why did my post end up I his post!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    'Just around the corner'...gee...sounds like it is going to be released next week.

Maybe its just me, but isnt that a little exaggerated when the actual release is in 9 solid months from now?

And thats not even counting any possible delays...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

Canouna, very possibly at a few days the first open beta w7sp1 is in the wild ... :D

8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    First Beta releases, Then RC1, after that RC2, which might be followed by RTM...
    Sorry people i find this "no news" has been this way for ages...so why are we discussing it?

9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    October is probably when it is roadmapped to become available on Windowsupdate , whereas the redistributable may be available in September. Either way, there becomes a stage when they'll still be in SP1 when they'll be looking at the horizon for what to include in SP2.

Of course, all dates are target timeframes, and I know Microsoft won't be releasing it until they are completely happy with it. Releasing a service pack thats not forseeably fully polished would only harm their business further than what occurred with Vista. They will most likely come to a 'fully polished' stage before the stated roadmap time, whether they release it or hold on to it, only effectively adding tested fixes that arise between the finalised date and the roadmap date, is yet to be seen.

10. MasterHacker

MasterHacker MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I just hope with Windows 7 SP1 that MS will not block all of us that use modded bios or loaders.

11. hersounds

hersounds MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Windows 7 SERVICE PACK 1 PRE TESTING launch!

PUBLIC AVAILABLE MARCH - APRIL 2010

12. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    it's way too long mate..

13. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
  14. ennio

ennio Guest

Loaders maybe, BIOS no way.

15. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Windows 7 is just a vista service pack, so it works perfectly ok for now without sp1.

16. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Whatever it is - it works pefect for me and I'm in love with my Win7 system - what-so-ever! ;)