Yify Torrents Question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by drakonis1, Jun 4, 2014.

1. drakonis1

drakonis1 MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2014
    I am looking for some help. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but yify movies have seemed sluggish and laggish to me lately. It seems like it is kind of jumpy or stutterish. I don't know how to explain it. I know it is probably the frame rate thing, but it never seemed this bad before. Can it be my software? I use VLC or media player classic. I have the latest codecs from CCCP too. I am just trying to figure out if it is my computer or if others is having the same problems. All help appreciated!

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Not bad here. Working well. Using VLC media player v2.1.3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Work great here, MPC-HC latest stable version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    good here, MPC HD :biggrin:

5. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    MediaPlayer with CCCP codecs. No problems.
    Try watching a movie, then without interrupting the movie, check your Task Manager to see what else is using a lot of resources at the same time.

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Stock player and codecs and view them just fine

Win8.1 ent updated

7. revertex

revertex MDL Member

May 30, 2010
    I know what you mean.

To achieve a small size with a good resolution, Yify sacrifices bitrate.

It's not framerate, but a small bitrate that causes the issues that you described.

One thing that could easily alleviate the problem is framerate interpolation.

Some programs, like SmoothVideo Project does a great job increasing the framerate on fly without a need to re-encode.

If you have a good GPU or CPU, I recommend to take a look at this svp-team.com

It doesn't need a powerful hardware to run, some people like the results, some say it gives a "soap opera effect", you should give it a try.

Here a Avisynth script that you can use as external filter direct with your favorite video player, if you prefer a more complicated approach. spirton.com/interframe/

Sorry about the links, I use to browse these forums a long time, but rarely post something.