you running a conuterfeit copy

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chompi, Sep 17, 2011.

1. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    i have to do something about my windows 7 ultimate. at first i installed with no problem. i remove that small file ecfg and choice 7 ultimate. i use the key i purchase on ebay and ''perfect"" months later say counterfeit and i have a black screen, windows still running, but no as before. well: is better if i formated my hard drive and reinstall with the same key ( i don't have another) or i can do a modification to this one. please any advice should be step by step, because i am not a pro. waiting for your help. thanks.

2. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    This also happened to someone i no recently. He bought win 7 from ebay in good faith and after some months the counterfeit message appeared. He reported this to microsoft and got a new key and media from them.
    If the ebay seller is making money on scams then report them. Thats assuming the seller did not tell you that the key had already been used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    but that is what i no understand. if a formated my partition with 7 ultimate, no way i can enter and use the internet to download DAZ loader. please tell me how.

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    I think you were extremely unlucky with Microsoft. As far as i am aware if you purchase a good quality counterfiet and have proof of purchase then you should be entitled to their complementary offer. This policy was to encourage reporting and combating counterfeit software. Really glad you got a result in the end tho via your credit card company.

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #6 stayboogy, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    so download it now, save it to a flash drive or another partition. then just format your system partition, install with the dvd you have, don't enter a key, and select activate later. then after you are up and running, install the loader from your flash drive or other partition...

easy as pie :p

@acrsn, that's good you got reimbursed for your troubles.

i see people selling counterfeit copies of 7 and Office everyday on craigslist. i really hope there aren't people out there that think they are getting real genuine copies with valid keys for $40. i put up a post every so often warning people not to buy such crap, but to each his own. why pay anything for it, really? so grateful for MDL :worthy::worthy::worthy:

7. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    yes. but this time i can't because that was 8 months ago. anyway i don;t know if was that update that check my windows copy and found an error. cos i play with that file cfg something, to make 7 ultimate.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    removing the ei.cfg file has nothing to do with your copy being counterfeit.

11. NuclearSoldier0

NuclearSoldier0 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2011
    DAZ loader works well, im partial to kpederson's developer act*vation but its all up to preference

12. uber_one

uber_one MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2011
    Use Hazar's or DAZ'z 7loader. If that doesn't work use Windows Activator Extreme V3.305 and activate trial. Then use 7loader to activate.

If these don't work then run virus scans to using IOBIT Security 360.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #13 urie, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    For your information Hazar's and Windows Activator Extreme V3.305 are not supported on this forum.