your operating system is not supported by this set up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Jun 1, 2013.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    It is funny sir. When i try to execute the driver for my sony s312 model with their usb, in window 7, i got the error message that your operating system is not supported by this set up. The same was working when i had the windows xp os. The drivers meant for vista , would support the windows 7 also is the reply i received from the customer care. What is wrong and how to get the solution, sir.
    P.S: when i connect the usb, there is no recognition of the usb. Since i do not have the drivers, i think i have this problem. Thank you in advance

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe you're trying to install drivers for the wrong architecture? 32bit drivers usually don't work for 64bit Windows, and 64bit drivers definitely don't work on 32bit Windows.

3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #3 jraju, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    (OP)
    Hi, The problem has been solved carlo sir. The trouble shooting did the trick.The sony ericsson drivers are compatible to vista and since the cust care exe says it is appllicable to windows 7 also, i tried that. Moreover in the text file in the installation folder, they say it is applicable to windows 7 also. I have first tried recommended settings in the trouble shooting. This did not work. After that, i choose my settings and answered the subsequent questions on the screen, on which it was working perfectly. Subsequently, it has suggested to change to windows xp2 (compatability), but after all the things, a window appeared that it is searching for latest drivers and it was updated from window updates. I was also given the advice to select mass storage mode when connecting. Wow, it solved the problem and i could now transfer files and videos. Thank you, I think that all the drivers are automatically gets updated in the window updates, including sony drivers. I had to wait for some time to allow window updates to its apt drivers. Why not in the first instance, when i connect, i do not know