youtube videos and music slowing down in 10051?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by benzhninja, Apr 10, 2015.

1. benzhninja

benzhninja MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    this is really complicated to explain and I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.

usually youtube videos and music play fine at normal speed on my surface pro 3 running 10051. but occassionaly (and randomly) something messes up and all youtube videos / music seem to play at a ridiculously slow speed and the sound becomes crackly. I watched premiere pro trying to play a video when this glitch occured and the bar indicating which frame is being played kept jumping backwards when it was playing.

the only solution is a hard reset, anyone else having this bug? is there a fix?

2. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    some prob here i have via audio and after awile sound jsut start very slow and distorted in games only rebooting fix the problem

3. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Same here, but I've been having this problem since Build 10041. YouTube videos takes forever to play after the page loads; sometimes they don't play at all. I usually have to wait 15-30 seconds after the page loads till the video starts playing.:confused: The video buffers (the gray bar moves forward) but doesn't play. If the video does play, the video plays with out a hitch.

I have dual-booted with win 8.1, and on there the videos work fine. I'm using chrome on both OSes. What about you guys?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    no issues like that here:g:

5. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I think its a known issue with via since 10041 audio starts to slow down and stops only noticed this while playing

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    The fix will be when Win 10 is actually ready to be used on a daily basis... :rolleyes: