Zero clients PCoIP on Hyper-V RDs

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Jacoub, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jacoub

Jacoub MDL Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I have dell Zero clients which is runinig PCoIP to connect to VMWare view. I want to use it to connect to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V. I searched and found a company calledTeradici this compny developed this protocol to VMWare and has a product called Arch: PCoIP for Microsoft RDS. Unfortunately it looks it supports only Windows Server 2008 and I couldn't find any Video nor documentation nor an evaluation version to check it. I would appreciate if anybody can advise or elaborate more on this subject

Regards

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Did you send them mail?
    Surely thay could be just the right people to elaborate?

sebus

3. Topstep1

Topstep1 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2007
    You won't get PCOIP to work on Hyper-V. The VM HAS to be hosted on ESXi or WMWARE Workstation. Teradici pulled Arch after a public beta about 2 years ago. The newest version of View; Horizon View 6 can connect to a standalone RDS Host and present installed applications or a full desktop session, but I believe the session is RDP and not PCOIP

I could tell you more, but trust me; It ain't gonna happen.

Since you are already into the pool; look into Teradici's Remote Workstation Card. It allow the PCOIP protocol to work on non-VMware hosted machines. Weather you could present this card to a Hyper-V VM is a hole 'nother can of worms.