10586.3 What a piece of crap! RANT

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Zardoc, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Actually one can learn more by "stupid upgrading" I had several issues, 1.) disabled and removed by Wifi drivers, 2.)disabled my ability to contact Manufacture - duh, 3.) removed Ethernet adapter,
    4.) disabled and blocked fn key shortcuts. 5.) so fix was move to other computer and get the Manufacture Drivers to Laptop USB, reinstall all drivers and check to see if Ethernet and Wifi was enabled and workable. 6.) manual add manufacture link to dl and get latest bios. which was already on the machine. 7.) reflash bios to enable all fn keys again, 8.) reset set mSata via Diskpart again, 9.) Reinstall Intel RapidStart. #6 and #7 was needed MS had posted this info prior to.

2. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    no big issues with this build running fine here for me:D

4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I would have to assume that the MODS or/an Admin consider this thread does not need closed of they would have done it.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well simple, only run Windows Enterprise LTSB N & no problems :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    Or maybe I could buy a Volkswagen diesel :rolleyes:

7. MartinMDL

MartinMDL MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2012
    Maybe I can help you on this one. You need to turn off adaptive brightness, which is found in your computer's power options:

1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, then click on "Change plan settings" next to your active power plan.
    2. Click on "Change advanced power settings."
    3. Scroll down to Display, then under Enable adaptive brightness, switch it off for both the battery and plugged in modes.
    if you also possess an intel graphic card you'll need to turn off some options in the "display power saving technology." menu.
    I hope that's the thing you were looking for. :)

8. curley

curley MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    No problems here either all running great

9. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    same here no problems.

I listen to music

watch youtube

do spread sheets

run vmware.

play games

watch slingbox

blah blah.......

system runs 15 hours everyday without a single problem. the other 9 hours I sleep and eat.