Win 8.x • Win 7 • Vista - 'Multi-OEM' ISO Project

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by searchengine, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searchengine

searchengine Guest

#1 searchengine, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Weird, I was just about to post a script to integrate all the certs keys and if neccessary loaders into the wim file and so on.

Did you know you can get windows to automatically choose the certificate for you, by putting them inside Windir\System32\OEM?

So you can put a load of certs into

$OEM$\$$\System32\OEM

And it will pick the right one for you automatically, from there you can integrate your keys with DISM and so on into each index file.

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #3 tcntad, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010

So by adding the certs into windir\system32\oem of any windows 7 edition except enterprise, it will install right certificate only but not the key?

Im asking beacuse i do have slic 2.1 in both my HP laptop and my computer (asus p5k pro), atleast so it seems according to the toolkit
    But doesnt really want to install cert and key but using the loader instead (autoactivating dvdkit by sam).

Forgive me for asking, im new to this and im not getting more enligthed by reading the stickies im afraid:p

I just want it to install cert and key to any edition i pick and oem info to after setup is done and if slic 2.1 isnt present i want a loader and oem info to be installed :p
    Which im guessing Sam's kit is suppose to do but still hm:/

And also!. I must remove any loader before installing cert and key right?

Thanks for answers:)

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    if its in there at setup stage yes. You can either put it in the WIM or $OEM$ folders

5. King_Jay16

King_Jay16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    thanks for the post

6. searchengine

searchengine Guest

@Hazar..

yep .. I know you can add Certs to $oem$ folder structure, and windows will auto insert the right one if detected, in fact the $oem$ folders in the download links contain the certs to do exactly that ... for insurance, when bios string being checked, csscript to apply appropriate brand cert is also ran, just in case.

@tcntad ..

yes, that would install cert, and you would still need to run a script to install your key.

@King_Jay16 ..

u r welcome.

This is really intended for folks that don't want to edit install.wim etc

7. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    oh right. I thought it used some fancy script trickery witchrcraft to find the right cert by reading your RDST or something... never mind

8. searchengine

searchengine Guest

@Hazar ..

no witchcraft :D ... just a pinch of voodoo :biggrin: to tweak script to apply specific brand key (if leaked) and run reg file to apply that brands logos

9. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
  10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I belive it goes in sources\$oem$.....\folder :p

11. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
    #12 calpol, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    @ searchengine

Thanks so much for your reply.

Have a nice day !

One more question:

I have a self-built computer without SLIC. My Mobo is MSI . As you said " no bios mod installed with Asus Loader,logo & serial. " How can I get MSI Logo ? What parts do I have to change to get MSI Logo ?

Thanks in advance

12. vision

vision MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. searchengine

searchengine Guest

#15 searchengine, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  14. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    @ searchengine
    How exactly do you "rebuild" an iso? I have ultraiso...

15. searchengine

searchengine Guest

@venu ...

I haven't tried ultraiso, I use poweriso ... but I think ultraiso would do same.

I just open my Win 7 iso in poweriso and drag any folders or files I want to add into the place I want it in poweriso, and if I want to remove any file or folder, right click on it and choose delete ... when poweriso looks the way I want it ... I just click close button, and it says ..."image has changed, do you want to save and overwrite old" ... I click yes, and it rebuilds the edited iso.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. zoobidubi123

zoobidubi123 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    Hi,
    This is very nice information to share.But can you please tell me How can I make the windows 7 Ultra ISO?

18. searchengine

searchengine Guest