1600 Bus Ram Support 1333 Bus Motherboard ?!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by riajulzanna, May 20, 2014.

1. riajulzanna

riajulzanna MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Hi, I hv a Transcend 8 gb 1600 DDR3 ram.I hv changed my motherboard for a certain reason & the model is Asus P5G41T-M LX.

According to the Asus website it can handle upto 1333 bus.

My question is ,is there any way i can use the ram in that motherboard...? & I would like to mention that I have already check the ram in that mainboard bt pc couldn't boot up at all !!

Please give me a suggestion..

2. riajulzanna

Nov 16, 2013
    According to the asus website it It says "2 x240-pin DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR3 1333(O.C.)"
    That means I can use total 8GB of RAM. Not 8GB per slot :confused: correct me if I'm wrong.:(

3. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    To use a single (supported) RAM stick should not be a problem. You would lose the dual channel feature, but that's all.

However, I can't see any supported 8GB single RAM stick in the QVL list of the motherboard manual (E7096_P5G41T-M LX.pdf) and in the RAM QVL List (Memoy QVL.pdf). So it's possible that the RAM you have is not compatible indeed. :(

4. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    This is not correct because the motherboard supports some 6GB RAM models (they are listed in the QVL).

This is absolutely correct.

5. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    If you know what a QVL is, and you know how to find a QVL list (and a motherboard manual)... You can see by yourself! :tea:

6. riajulzanna

Nov 16, 2013
    Come to an end dear frnds...now what can i do with that 8gb 1600 ram.....is there any loader/patcher/tweak for using 1600 ram in 1333 supported board?

7. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    There's not need to load/patch/tweak anything; a higher frequency RAM will run at lower frequencies with no issues. I have used 1600MHz RAM at 1333MHz (as a matter of fact, at 1420Mhz due to a small overclock) during many years without any issues.

But the RAM must be compatible with your motherboard. As far as I can see (in the motherboard documentation), your mobo does not support a single stick of RAM with 8GB.

It's always a good practice to check if the RAM you have is compatible with the motherboard you're going to buy, or vice-versa. When it comes to compatibility, there's much more involved than frequency or timmings.

To return the motherboard to the dealer in order to get another one (compatible with your RAM) may be a solution. To buy two 4GB sticks of compatible RAM would solve your problems as well... But, in any case, you must read the motherboard manual and the corresponding QVL list to check which brands and models are compatible.

Another good practice is to test any RAM you buy for at least eight hours, so you'll know your RAM is in good shape.

8. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    Learn to write, troll... :rolleyes:

9. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    See? :smile3: