2 Quick Questions.. How to remove show Desktop button and how to autologon

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jonny5isalivetm, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Jonny5isalivetm

Jonny5isalivetm MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    Id like to remove the show desktop button and the space in the right corner beside the clock.. I have tried a few Win7 programs but after a 2nd reboot back it comes :<<<<

Just recently my PC stopped auto logging onto my desktop..or start screen. I run startisback and have checked control userpasswords2 all to no avail..sometimes it loads to the screen with the giant tower and clock others it arrives at the user logon picture waiting for me to click ?

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Windows 8 doesn't have a visible button, but the functionality is there. ''Show Desktop'' can be hidden using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.
    Does any of your accounts have a password?

3. Jonny5isalivetm

Aug 21, 2012
    Hi thanks for reply.. I suppose I was just looking to remove the gap (XP like) looks neater with the clock in the corner..

Thanks for the heads up I was just hoping to edit something without having to run a utility all the time but I guess its nothing major :D and looks waaaay better.

Funny in the middle of doing stuff I managed to restore autologon not sure exactly what I did TBH! no password :p

4. Jonny5isalivetm

Aug 21, 2012
    as I said I already did that but thanks Jessica :) it magically fixed itself :D