2wire router disfunctional in vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by susan spencer, Feb 7, 2009.

1. susan spencer

susan spencer MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2009
    I bought new computer with Vista Home Premium and got rid of older computer with XP. Problems with 2Wire router now as notebook does not see wireless network. Have been connected with ethernet only. Played around with configuration even tried changing name of available wireless networks. Just removed Defender and cleaned off Norton that came with computer in case firewall blocking culprit of problem . Struggling with Vista as can't find everything as easily as XP. How do I remedy this problem, disconnect ethernet and have notebook find a wireless network. ISP and 2wire usless for help or support. Need to be able to move notebook and not be attached to cable! Thank you for helping! Been trying for 4 days!

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    #3 HSChronic, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
    Is it finding any networks? Sounds like there might be another utility that is configured to search for wireless networks. Also make sure the device is listed in device manager, I know sometimes computers have WiFi switches that will turn it on or off. Press winkey+x to bring up the mobile device center for your laptop, and if WiFi is listed there then you know it is on.