3rd Attempt to use and KEEP Windows 8 :(

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ian82, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    2 problems I am facing now
    1) COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working errors randomly.
    I haven't even installed anything yet. Just Windows updates...nothing else! What the heck

2) Internet Explorer 10 seems to lose all cookie sign ins upon restart I have to relogin to all my sites that I visit including forums and so
    How can I Make this POS OS work right?
    Capture.PNG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bootstap

bootstap MDL Member

Mar 25, 2012
    hi,

have u tried this link ?

hxxp://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/fix-com-surrogate-has-stopped-working-in-windows-7/

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    we don't know, what happened to your system as we have no look inside but one thing can be said right away: The majority does not have this problem which means that your installation is messed in any way

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 ian82, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    (OP)
    This is the 2nd time this happens... I haven't installed anything yet

All I did was uninstalled the fu**ed up built in Windows Media Player

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wolf69

wolf69 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #5 wolf69, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    well maybe thats whats causing ur fu**ed up problems lol

6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ ian82
    @ wolf69
    Mind your Language on these forum No Swearing Allowed.

8. wzrdrcr

wzrdrcr MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2011
    Well have you verified your windows 8 in a genuine copy of either retail or MSDN windows 8. Then verify all important windows elements stay installed and activate correctly. Then 3 if you did not purchase or acquire a legal licensed copy from Microsoft do so or else stop complaining if you stole the software.

9. whoareyouxda

whoareyouxda MDL Member

May 4, 2011
    Have you tried, NOT uninstalling it? I know its a hard concept to understand, but IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE IT you dont have to, but if it causes the system to malfunction, DONT remove it :p

:busted_blue:

10. Linktopower

Linktopower MDL Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Its most likely Uninstalling Windows Media Player causing the issue. Maybe try not to uninstall it next time?

11. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Yes it's a genuine copy that I bought for $14 USD via the Microsoft upgrade program.

not all people are theives :mad:

12. wolf69

wolf69 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    if u noticed he didnt say you was he was just stating if you didnt not, how about you try repairing ur windows install and dont unintall ur wmp

13. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Im just gonna reinstall WMP and see how it goes but I have always uninstalled WMP in Windows 7 and it never caused any problems...this OS is too fragile

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    my understanding is, that you did an upgrade from 7 to 8 paying 14,95 which is a legal deal. Unfortunately, not all 7 installations fit quite well with a new W8. Perhaps, there were issues in the past, drivers, that don't work well or other circumstances. I recommend a clean install saying good bye to 7. Save files and get rid of 7. Do yourself the favor

15. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I AM doing a clean install bro. I never do upgrades. it's just the license was through the MS Upgrade program.

16. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Why does he not just do a simple REFRESH-RESTORE and go back to ORIGINAL... that is why M$ added that FEATURE>
    I was a BetaTESTER who still have Windows 8 Pro WMC using UPGRADE Assistant... it works very well, IF YOU DO AS STATED.... REMOVE ALL NONE COMPATIBLE PROGRAMS.

I notice in his specs he is using 256GB SSD... I wonder if he has set the SSD to work properly with Windows 8.

17. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Set the SSD to work properly? are you freakin' joking? There's nothing to set for the SSD to work properly ive been using it with Windows 7 since 1 year what have you smoked tonight?

Secondly, I don't give a damn if you were BETA tester. This OS is too fragile I don't think I would even pass it from Alpha stage.

1) Why shouldn't I have uninstalled it? I choose what media player runs on my system not MS

2) I've always uninstalled it in Vista and 7 and never got a problem

3) I spoke too soon, the error came back later even with WMP installed :(

I have now officially uninstalled this crappy OS and will NEVER EVER touch it again. It's fragile as crap!

And I've disabled UAC and Im the freakin' admin yet I have to confirm every file execution I perform!

You all who are using it, I pity you for living in the placebo bubble and trying to convince yourself that it is a fully baked OS....matter of fact....it isn't...this wouldn't even pass for BETA in my books. Perhaps MS released it too soon while its in Alpha stage to mess around with people

18. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Im sad you feel this way bro, did you unistall it or disable the feature?

19. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Thanks bro, well, it isn't really uninstlling although MS labesl it like that. It is rather, disabling it from the Programd and Features.

I thought that was the mistake I did to get this error. But even after renabling it and rebooting, I got the error again... I mean this is on a brand new installation bro.... didn't install any software or drivers yet... can't believe how unstable this is despite having updated Windows to the latest updates.

PS: I can't believe this thing doesn't even come with Microsoft .NET Framework 3. Many software I use prompted me to install it which takes a long time. And I wanted Windows 8 to not have to install so many updates since 7 failed to come up with SP3.... and this Windows 8 already has so many updates and the need to install .NET Framework 3 then its updates it's a joke

sorry I guess this OS is not for me

kindly lock my thread

20. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    @ ian82 with your attitude, you will not go very far here :bash: