[4Fun:] Do we really need W10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by moderate, Nov 11, 2014.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The base of MS Customers are the Corporates. In that regard, it could be a psychologically trick to get the Corporates change faster to an newer OS for to to stand to far behind the actual one. Also, hardware Development is changing much faster this days as well which also will triggers a faster move to newer OS'es! That's just a few of aspects which could behind the faster move by MS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

i agree the hardware side is changing so fast, almost every year now, that requires new software all the time.....20 years ago software was always 10 to 15 years ahead of the hardware and now it looks like is the other way around.

3. kn_andre

kn_andre MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2013
    Simply Boils down to Choices ...Some like the Smell and Feel of " New Innovation " while others Just Stick with any Technology [sic] Old that works perfectly for them. Different Strokes for Different Folks - One Man's Obsession is Anther's Bane .... Cheers ..

4. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I'm going to break my own rule and say no. We don't need windows 8 either. Windows 7 will be the next XP. Long life and refuse to die.:clap:

5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    The fact is that those who complacent with old technology are mostly the aged and they usually see change as interfering in their way. No matter how good an old technology is it is still not recommendation in evolving society for routine works.

6. Skram0

Skram0 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2010
    #86 Skram0, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Yes, the older you get the more you don't want change. Old people never want change. Take a Windows OS from an old person and give them a Mac OS and tell them to "deal with it". I think they'd have a heart attack. Move furniture around their house and hear them grumble. Change is for the young or uninitiated.

It is interesting to see how operating systems have and will evolve. I still enjoy and prefer Windows 7, call me old fashioned. But it gets the job done. Everything I need and want is there on the screen, or one or two clicks away without having lose sight of everything else (i.e. Start Menu).

I still don't get why they went towards the use of "apps". They're programs, like just any other program and software in Windows. Why do "apps" have to have a special use and run full screen in Win 8.x? Yea, I know v10 will fix that error. They should call it the "software" store instead of the "apps" store.

Also on the hardware side of this discussion, low end hardware has finally caught up with what I see is perfectly fast enough for the every-day-joe use. Excluding really low-end Atom and similar processors. Finally the budget low-end is good enough and gets the job done (not good for the economy). Although I think the use of modern Flash is really starting to push the low-end technology to its limits. Flash back in the day worked perfectly fine on the same hardware that's struggling today. But I guess some people would call that innovation?

Of course Microsoft will keep making a new OS every few years. Just like they keep making new Office programs. It's a business for them, and they have to keep up the idea that you need what they make. Does Office XP (2002) still work perfectly fine, yes. How about 2007, or 2010. What do you really need in 2013 that 2007 doesn't have. Maybe a subscription based use?

Anyway, if Microsoft releases a new piece of software and you remember the old one, then you're old. When people start changing something more and more often you start to get more and more annoyed that you actually have to think again and relearn something you had already mastered. After numerous relearning attempts throughout the years you start getting grumpy, and turn into "one of those" grumpy old people. Change is inevitable, grumpy old people are inevitable.

But back to the topic of this thread, yes, we probably need Windows 10 since Microsoft hasn't released a good "productive" operating system in 5 years and they need to redeem themselves from their last catastrophe.

Sell sell sell. Buy buy buy. Consume. It's the "modern" human way.

7. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Interesting observation, as someone who is well over 70, I cannot agree with however. My observation about your observations is that once you get through puberty and start having sex with someone other than yourself, you'll be fine. As far as the SMILE and RESPECT in my signature, I am smiling and you are getting all the respect you deserve.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...