5 Users Office 365 - 'Device' versus 'Microsoft Account' question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by crazyfool123, Aug 9, 2015.

1. crazyfool123

crazyfool123 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Hi

I have a 5 user license and I'm currently using it on 2 devices. Both have the same Microsoft account login (Windows, Office and OneDrive). No issues.

I want to now use the 3rd and 4th of 5 licenses for my mother's computer and laptop. She has her own Microsoft account for logging on to Windows on her machines (which have no Office).
    To confirm:
    I will send her the invite email.
    From her Microsoft Account, she will download and install Office on both devices
    She will get her own 1 TB OneDrive space, and will NOT sync with me but between her 2 devices.
    This will use up another 2 licences.
    Is this correct or am I missing something?

2. her3814

her3814 MDL Novice

May 9, 2013
    Lets suppose you have 3PC's.. The 1st has Office activated with you MS account in your Pc's account.. If you login into any other account on that PC it'll remain activated with your MS account, and for ex, I have an account on your PC I can login on that PC with my MS Account, but it'll be activated with YOUR MS Account.. So maybe you use your PC with 5 local account and every account uses 1 MS Account.. Then you still have 4 more installations..

Then you install on your 2nd PC .. And activate Office, again, with YOUR MS account, the same as before can happen.. And it'll use just 1 installation.. Then you have 3 remaining installations

Then you invite your mother, she installs Office on her PC with her MS Account.. Then you have 2 remaining installations and 3 more invites to use Office 365..

Hope this little ex gives you an idea on how it works,

3. sam841

sam841 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2014
    This sounds like a pretty close topic for me to post a question if I may :)

Using Office 365 from GoDaddy - It's the professional edition with Office and Exchange email but still includes 5 licences. There's one user account purchased that comes with the 5 licences.

Installed on the licence's computer under his GoDaddy email account - no problems.

His son's computer - pre-existing installation of Office 365 Home through a now cancelled Microsoft subscription. Want to use the purchased GoDaddy licence but not be logged in with the GoDaddy email account because that would give his son access to his OneDrive. Not acceptable as this is a business account.

It's a little different than Office from Microsoft - there's no email invite link, so I'm unsure about how to set up Office on his son's computer without being connected to the licensee's OneDrive stuff.

Is this possible? Thanks!