64 Bit Install Problems... Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by idorace, Feb 20, 2010.

1. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    I down loaded the 64bit version, did a hash check (good) burned a DVD, started to do an install and got this message:

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation. Error code 0x 8007045D.

I then tried to burn at a slower speed, tried to install and got a BIOS message that said: Missing Boot Mgr. I then tried to do an install from the original DVD (faster burn) and got the same message (missing boot mgr.) WTF

2. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    BTW:

This is a clean install on a brand new hard drive. I thought this would be easy (have done things like this many times), I guess not.

3. higado2

higado2 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    I JUST had this problem today, and on a client's laptop no less! It took me hours of head scratching, but I finally got something that worked.

It turns out there was nothing wrong with my media (I tried a DVD-RW first, then a DVD+R), it was the .iso that I downloaded from Microsoft (through one of those "Digital River" links). It turns out there was a "newer" Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 .iso. So once I downloaded it and burned it, it worked!! (and on a DVD-RW no less!). I get the feeling it may have something to do with the .iso download breaking (since it is so big), eventhough the download manager tells you it downloaded fine AND it somehow passes the checksum test.

Good luck out there!

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Yeah, I thinking this problem was solved shortly after the initial post ... three years ago.