7 Activation check

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Soloratov, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Soloratov

Soloratov MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    I had used a loader for Vista for a while until i was able to get it, but with all the crap issues I have had I am dying to get 7. Ran the RC for a long itme with no issues and want to get full 7 now. I have a copy of the RTM 7600 Ultimate x64, but have failed already once on one test PC with the 7loader by Hazar. Would not work, at all. Is there any way to know if activation will work before I completely wipe everything out, or is this a wait and see deal? All my PC's are custom built, so there is no OEM info in them, but they do all use ASUS MB's.

2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Lo*ders are basically a try and see deal. Having custom built PC's is generally an advantage as they are the easiest to activate. Volume built PC's like Dell HP and laptops can be more difficult.

3. nlspecial

nlspecial MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2008
    Your best bet is to get your bios's modded with slic 2.1 then you will not have any problems A custom built pc is best as you know your way around it and its easier to procure bios details to get the mod.
    You also mentioned that all pcs run on asus mobos these are easiest to mod obviously because its a popular brand. You should have no problem activating with a bios mod for each.
    If you are worried about flashing use EZ-FLASH in the bios menu safe and easy to use.
    Loaders are most practically used to induce a pc into activation that cant be bios modded

4. Soloratov

Soloratov MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    I am leaning toward this option, however, I know nothing about this process. While I know my way around a computer quite well, I don't even know what a SLIC is. Is there maybe a "newbie" version of a guide on doing this......one thing I always was wary of was anything BIOS related as far as mods/changes.

5. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #5 Everilda, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. nlspecial

nlspecial MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2008
    You cant go wrong its just a matter of getting the matching modded bios for the board, Flash, then activate. Best advice tho is 95% of the time if a bad flash has happened it can be recovered. Take the risk. Read the forums here corresponding to bios modding, read other peoples opinions you will become more confident to continue going down the flashing route.