7600.16384!it's not RTM final!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mspcbeta, Jul 13, 2009.

1. KarimWally

KarimWally MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2009
    7600 RTM for WPC09 .....7700 RTM final ??!!? ;)

2. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I think you might be on to something there.

3. Zephiris

Zephiris MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2008
    If WZOR says it's 99.99% likely not final, it's probably not final.
    And chances are, even if it's merely not code signed, one build off, whatever, it may be detected from Windows Update, or not be able to install certain things correctly later. Until it's the "final final, really final" retail/OEM code, it's not worth bothering. You'll just have to redownload, reinstall yet again. Better still, it's not really worth bothering until someone really investigates activation, licensing, SLIC, and other pertinent information. Even people trying to activate 7264 have frequently been having it activate, and then de-activate and pop up warnings after a short delay.

If someone's already desperate to get it many months before general availability, and especially if they're running RC or pre-RTM, it basically doesn't matter at all. It won't automagically make a lot more code or third party software run. Those fixes, where necessary (and there are several in security/firewall/DRM/etc, which are still pending), are unlikely to come on day one of RTM signoff, and will most likely work on other builds as well. There's not likely going to be a magical giant user-visible difference for anything since code signoff process began, so who is anyone kidding? Expirations for RC1 or newer are all in 2010, so it's not like there's a ticking time bomb that will hit even before you can go out and buy a DVD.

With Vista, there was a long while (obviously) between the RTM and official launch, but in that time, a large number of bugs were fixed with patches, drivers, and third party software in those months. Most of the people who went insane in January and clamored about how insanely horrible everything was, probably had never tested the RTM in November (let alone earlier builds).

Windows 7 isn't as large of a departure, but there are already obvious signs of immaturity and some extra flakiness in many graphics and security drivers which have had to be changed.

If people are going to jump the gun 'just because it has a higher number' and don't have the technical knowhow to get themselves out of a jam, don't whine, please don't ask for support. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, please have the self-awareness to know what exactly that entails. Don't be a dead weight and then ask other people to carry you around before things are stable and easier for everyone. If you wait until real retail's out, you can prance about with other non-technical oblivious gomers that ask "how is start menu formed". :p

4. 031247

031247 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    so basically this could be it or it could be a different build but since its marked as an RTM copy then it should work with a legit key for a permanent activation

5. omek

omek MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    seems they needed a RTM gold code for today (RTM set date) but still have changes in mind before it goes final RTM.

6. poedoom

poedoom MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2007
    After reading this and then using a box of tissues and taking 2 valium, i thought what the hell and ran the win7 7260 activator by orbit and now i have an evaluation watermark saying build 7600 and after running winver.exe it seems to have exactly the same timeline as the other builds march 2010 i dont know if this helps to confirm it that this builds not final or not

7. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    7600 is not the final RTM or build....get ready for there are at least 2 - 3 more builds forthcoming and none of them include 7600.

8. Kromgol

Kromgol MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Nope, it's that damn crack, do a system restore.

9. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    there is no mention from wzor.net that its not final. and there is no mention of any build 7700 or 7800.

10. poedoom

Sep 15, 2007
    MS are to make a BIG announcement tomorrow at WPC09 when Steve Ballmer will take the stage and no doubt in my mind inform the world that Windows 7 has went RTM. Who knows if he will give build numbers or not, I personally dont think he will but if he says tomorrow that it has went RTM then this it.

this is a quote off an nzb site, he seems to know what he,s on about

11. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009

May I make a suggestion....Never ever trust a hacker of what he says about something coming to be true.

As great as is wzor.net, they are not the final word on Microsoft and its RTM dates.

12. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    I am going to make a very educated guess here: Steve Ballmer is not going to announce anything tomorrow about Windows 7 RTM.

What he is going to announce which has been in the works since July 9, 2009 is the lay-off of some 5,000 people in Microsoft.

I will bet you dollars to doughnuts of this being more true than some big announcement of Windows 7 RTM.

13. poedoom

Sep 15, 2007
    Mmmmmm doughnuts :D

14. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    Lol....alright Homer Simpson...:)

15. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    keznew reportedly

========start===========

Build 7700 Leaked
    By Info on 13.07.2009 - 14:07
    news on wzor is saying that build 7700 has now been released, as 13th july was the date for the final rtm, build 7600 was just released and leaked yesterday by microsoft to teach pirates a lesson apparently so they would reset their computers, but have to do it again only a day later.

====end========================

16. New2k

New2k MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2009
    lolololol?
    WTF? :-D
    MS is joking around the scene? :D

17. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    #38 minoverta, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

keznews????? don't let me laugh....... couldn't find something about build 7700 on wzor!!!

18. Zephiris

Zephiris MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2008