8.1 RTM.. worth sticking with?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pbassjunk, Sep 17, 2013.

?

Just wondering what windows version everyone is going with?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2013.
  1. 8.1

66.0%
  2. 8.0

9.8%
  3. 7

24.2%
  1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Welcome in the real world !!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Nice to see Yen prefers Windows 7

3. Cal-123

Cal-123 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2011
    And that line used to be in Yen's sig: '...Windows 8, designed to fail...' (but somehow got removed) - and I'm still wondering 'why was it removed'?

4. dippyweb

dippyweb MDL Member

Oct 3, 2011
    8.1 is the best ;)

5. Cheese_Monster

Cheese_Monster MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    well, Windows 8 didn't fail that's why.

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I'm only running windows because it has the most supported software but i prefer Linux because it is software where you can delete the whole system if you want even when it runs how is that for playing Super User !! No realy windows is well designed even windows 8.1 but the stategy from microsoft is that they force users into major system changes they don't realy listen to their customers that is for me a realy s**ty way to be treated as a windows user over the years ! :huh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think that, Windows 8 is a succeeded OS from MS. They really released in hurry with a bunch of bugs in it.

In one of my friend's PC, I'm running Windows 8 Pro. While using system, suddenly IPv4 gateway configuration will go away; then, I've to restart the system to bring it back.
    I always face IP issues with that PC!

After installing all Windows 8 patches released till date, that bug remains in it place, like a boss!

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Welcome to Microsoft test program. We test by giving buggy software to user to fix bugs later hehe

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Indeed and as a reward we get ........ eeeeaaaahhhhh nothing !!

Ps hoping after years of beta testing that microsoft calls me and give me a special reward :p

10. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Win8 people aren't going into the Win7 section of the forum and talking trash about their favorite OS.
    I'm tired of hearing it nearly daily here in the Win8 section.
    If people wanted to talk about how Win8 could be improved through registry edits or taskbar options, I'd be all over that.
    They don't. They just talk about how bad the App support is and why MS is going to go out of business.

If people want to talk about how great Win7 is, go talk about it in the Win7 section.
    It's like going to a sports game in the opposing team's section and badmouthing their team and how bad they are.

11. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Yep i am sticking with win7

12. Cheese_Monster

Cheese_Monster MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    not too long ago people said that they'll ditch windows xp and stay with windows 98. people never change.

13. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
  14. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
  15. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    You can count me in as one of those people :D but it will come down to hardware like the move from the Bios to UEFI where with each new hardware advance comes a little more surrender of control over your machine .. Some people are just going to give into it because they either don't care or don't have the knowledge to maintain the equipment necessary to defend against the change

16. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    And people will even pirate that stuff, like the people who mod their console gaming machines with extra chips so that they can run games without DRM, and mod dvd drives so that they can load them, etc.
    They keep making it harder and harder to pirate stuff. Eventually though, you're right. It will come down to which party has the bigger willpower, and the big company making all the money will likely win.

17. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The Truth Is

As we all use pc systems either via desktop laptop/notebook/tablet/mobile phone
    1 A new OS is release promising much from previous version it is market showing sleek design & much improve on previous system & We Believe This BS
    2. We obtain the new system & install it to test at first things seem improved
    But then after sometime of running the new OS some basic things that we thought would be better appear to not be

After Many Updates to Patch & Improve The System We Live In Hope That The Finally Fix it
    AND THEN
    They release another new OS promising the same BS all over again
    Then we Start the Merry Go Round Again
    I Believe That They Purely Make New OS For Their Oem partners to help push new system hardware capabilities
    Think about how many times do we hear made for Windows 8 Built For Windows 7 & Many More

18. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    In all fairness for me using an high end system far to early for me to change over due to a lot of gaming company's still using windows 7 plus these days games are still better on the windows 7 platform? Don't get me wrong i do like windows 8.1 but still needs a lot of bugs sorting out i will now give it 6 months before i move over to the 8.1 side ...