A “real” user proves Windows 8 fails on the desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Weedy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I'll just install ICS on my netbook :D

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    You do understand Microsoft markets to "common" users and businesses and touts their OS as being every man's (or every woman's) OS? You know, easy and intuitive just like using a TV or driving a car with automatic transmission.

These videos are real world with real every day users. If you feel 8 is unfairly presented then you need to provide real rebuttal in the form of compensatory videos "proving" your side of the argument. Without that "proof" you're just simply stating a biased opinion.

3. Jachra

Jachra MDL Member

Apr 5, 2010
    No one will be forced to buy a new system. But when people do buy a new system, then they will be buying systems with Windows pre-installed.
    When Windows 8 goes RTM, they will systems with Windows 8 pre-installed. If they are lucky, then they could buy a system with Windows 7 pre-installed. If they can't, well a lot of people will be doing downgrades.

Those who complain about Windows 8 should be in the Windows 8 forum. There a valid arguments against the Metro UI that should be told.
    On a lot of websites it is raining complaints about the Metro UI. Even on the blogs of Microsoft.

4. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    After using Windows 8 Beta for a month now, I'm beginning to like it. Its fast, really fast. Internet Explorer 10 still needs improvement. Can't say anything on the Mail, Messaging, Calendar, People, SkyDrive, Weather, Music, Photos, Video apps - there's a reason they're called App Preview.

There are quite a few bugs, and some of them may be attributed to non-availability of Windows 8 drivers at this point.

At this point, I would rate Windows 8 as 6/10!

5. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I have been using the Win8 CP since it released and I can honestly say that I like it much more now that I have learned the UI. Navigating around is much easier than Win7 and I have customized the start screen with all my most used apps. I actually find the Win7 start menu harder to use because it is so much smaller. I find the large tiles of the Metro much easier to use. Also, the speed of Win8 is faster than Win7, support for image files, built in backup is better, etc. JMHO.

6. c-dan

c-dan MDL Member

Apr 22, 2011
    My mom (almost 50) has no problem using windows 8 on a desktop... in fact, she loves it and just can't go back to win 7. Same goes for my girlfriends and sis. Can't say the same for my dad though... He's still with windows 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    I have been using Windows 8 CP x64 for 2months now, I can see some positives and negatives to share with you.
    (1) Positives
    W8 starts up asn shut down are faster than W7.
    WI-fi connection is faster thus better
    Visual (pictures & video) are sharper
    (2) No start-up bottom is a productivity drag down. More people would find it annoying to learn to find dsktop. After finding desktop, the next big obstacle is where is the start button.
    Metro Tile is a not good for desktop and it is designed more for Windows tablet and phone. But big negative for PC.

Microsoft is a proud company and to a large extent an arrogant corporation run by people from sales. All they see and want is profit and technical consideration is second. Therefore, I expect, the RTM will not be much what I see now albeit new more minor improvements (bugs fixing). For me, I stay with Win 7.

8. KINGZOFSTEEL

KINGZOFSTEEL MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2012
    Yeah! Windows 8 looks like another vista and they still have account control feature which I think is really dumb and the desktop part is horribly designed.

9. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Win 8 is like if when blueray came out every movie had hardcoded hebrew subtitles. You have an HD TV, a good sound system, like movies, and want the best picture quality possible on your expensive hardware. Hebrew people will like the subs (tablet users) but the rest of us are just pissed off and find them annoying. Some will deal with it, others will say screw it im sticking with DVD. Which is a shame, because if they had the option to turn subtitles off, they would sell alot more units.

10. NCS

NCS MDL Member

Jun 24, 2010
    well for one thing...this is a staged video..this guy has several video's showing the samething for several different OS's..this is what this guy does for a living...posting video's

11. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    My thoughts exactly ...

12. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    #52 santoshcoolhere, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    "real" user my foot....how can u even start a thread using that stupid video. I even looked at other videos that he posted and they are just a bunch of useless crap...he has no taste....all my friends started using windows 8 nd they are pretty comfortable with it. For ------- that cant learn new stuff, better stick with windows 7....for people who like changes nd can learn a few basics before using a software, stick with windows 8....

13. Grizz

Grizz MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #53 Grizz, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    calling people ------- for not liking windows 8 what a wonderful comment maybe you should look in the mirror:rolleyes:

14. c-dan

c-dan MDL Member

Apr 22, 2011
    This guy is also an apple fanboy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    It is not problem to learn man, and from your words it is clear than you do not know what it means using a computer.
    Learning windows 8 may take 5 minutes, the problem it is that the usability is zero, everything done before with 7 takes more time than now in 8, so be careful when you use bad words here, we are no first time windows(and other OSes) users,

so if you call us happy and proud 7 users retarded, think that taste (yours..) reflects that you are less than how do you call now,
    Lesson number one:
    Start using Windows 1.0, use it for a 10 years almost(and more how most of us did :D:D), till you use 7 one year, than think who between us is "retarded"

16. angel1610

angel1610 MDL Senior Member

Apr 4, 2009
    windows 8

When windows 7 runs out then what !!!!!!

Windows 7 is the best so far in my experiece so far.

Oh yea..........

17. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    windows 8 flops of course :D

End Windows 8 support late 2012.
    :laie:

18. MikeMoss

MikeMoss MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2012
    Hi

I'm 73 and I'm using Windows 8 as my primary OS for now.

I have to admit that the first time I logged into it I sat at the Lock Screen for quite a while waiting for something to happen.
    Then I clicked on the screen and saw the bottom jump up and back down.
    Finally I figured out to drag it up.

Now I have all my software installed including all my Adobe graphic arts software and everything works fine.
    It is noticeably faster on my computer then Windows 7.

The real secrete though is to install Classic Shell and say good bye to Metro forever!

Since I did that everything works just like it did in W7.

Mike

19. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Nobody is *forcing* you to use Windows 8 ... you do have a choice!