A bit more info on Windows Blue?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WinFührer, Dec 25, 2012.

1. WinFührer

WinFührer MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2011
    Sorry, Windows Blue won't bring back the Start button

If you have been hoping, dreaming, wishing, that Windows Blue - which is set to (unofficially) arrive in the Summer of 2013 - would bring back the Start button, you may want to take a seat. According to a new report from CNbeta, who has leaked quite a bit of Windows 8 information previously, they are stating that Windows Blue will not bring the Start button back to Windows 8.

This should not come as a surprise as Microsoft would have a massive egg on it's face if it did cave to users requests to return the iconic button. But beyond not brining back the Start button, the source is also saying that Microsoft will continue to make tweaks to the desktop and that there will be updates to the taskbar too. What these tweaks are or will include were not stated. In addition to tweaks, the entire UI will appear flattened (think metro), the kernel will get updated to 6.3 (which we had previously heard) and will be provided free or at a very affordable price.

With flatter look being applied to more parts of the UI, all aspects of Aero will be killed off completely with Windows Blue, according to the source.

While we wait for more details to leak out about what Microsoft has up its sleeve for Windows Blue, we have been hearing whispers that it will not be called Windows 9, as some reports have previously suggested and will likely retain the Windows 8 moniker.

With a Summer launch expected, we should hear from Microsoft, relatively soon about the plans it has for Windows Blue and how Redmond will transition to annual updates for one of its largest revenue generating entities.

Source: CNbeta

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you quote something from outer source, please post the link to the original site as well. As this is required by the Fair Use Regulation of the Copyright Law, it also give the readers the opportunity to cross check or read to quoted article in full.

This forum already been contacted several times because of Copyright/DRM law so it would be fine if we all follow that rules to keep the forum open, up and running.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    perhaps Canouna can tell us more about one day. Until then, I recommend to not speculate upon parcel which is not delivered yet ... :D

4. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    If is real that next year will be something called next windows we should see an alpha or some screenshots,or not?:eek:

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yep ... and as there is nothing on the screen yet, I do not recommend talking about. We will get enough info when available. So stay cool guys and waste your time on the available things :D

6. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Maybe will be not a ''new'' Windows...just huge improvements and GUI or maybe MS will not change entire OS like did in 8(regarding 6.2)...In that called ''Blue''and maybe MS will lauch every year a new OS like Apple did with 10.x....some modifications without be necessary to chande drivers support or this kind of stuff!

7. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Something will be next year but not Windows 9 cuz time for completelly develop is too short.

8. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    lmao, I've seen all kinds of reasons to claim the screen-shot was fake, but it's the 1st time to judge by the wallpaper used. :haha:

9. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    If they plans to change the kernell to 6.3 the time for development is more than few months and for OEM's the work for develop their hardware and drivers...

10. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    But don't forget, most kernel changes for Windows 8 were finished at Consumer Preview stage. So it would be enough time to build a new kernel.

Also the 6.2 drivers will be compatible, otherwise it would be a big fail for MSFT.

11. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Right now I know some programs,applications and driver uncompatible with 6.2.As I remember,NT6.2 has appear from 79xx builds so that 6.3 is not come with that build who will ? launched next year:confused:

12. curiousboy

curiousboy MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    so Aero and start button never going to comeback , so i assume there will be a great change for desktop interface also icons and task bar. I wonder they are going to remove the entire desktop from windows 9 lol o_O

13. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Looks like my gaming PC will have to stay with Windows 7 Forever then. It makes financial sense for Microsoft to do away with the Desktop all together. After all X-Box is what they want everyone to play games on.

14. curiousboy

curiousboy MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    If they are going to apply the entire modern UI everywhere, i think it's a kind of business , they created store, they can take control over all users data, if you need more options and application you need to pay or you will get less options.Only we can use apps from windows store o_O o changing kernal to 6.3 means another secure boot? and restricting their customers to use other kind of OS like linux , i like windows 8 because it's fast and simple other than that it's a kind of toy for a young kid who can only play with it. Techies can't .. so these updates going to restrict freedom of users i think. I am not an Apple fan boy but i hate Apple too when it comes to the price.If they are going to take the entire desktop in the future means :mad: , i wont buy M$ products anymore.

15. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    What You mean someone has a cleaner Start Screen than I do....

16. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    You don't notice it? :p It edited with paint to get the new feature that is Windows Phone 8 too. The scaling of the tiles from small, normal, big. Only did it with 2 tiles and then I got bored. ;)