a bit of a stupid question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gavin mcguire, Oct 3, 2017.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    CT 500 is just the hard drive ID. You want to boot from your Windows Boot Manager.

I really do not play with UEFI as I prefer to usually use legacy boot. If you need further help with that, you'll need someone else to inquire with.

2. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    thats fine, like i dont ever touch bios settings tbh because i never have a need to meddle with it.. but i just dont understand why its always been "hard disk ct 500" and now suddenly it switched to "windows boot manager" on its own. how am i suppose to know which hdd or ssd is it if its just called "windows boot manager" ?

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Wow!

Wish I had same response of people when I ask a "bit of a question", not stupid at all, :eek::p

4. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    ah coz you know, at first i was only gonna ask that very first question.. but then problems started appearing out of nowhere ;d problems ive never had before its frustrating af, especially if i never even touched bios and it started s**tting on me for no reason

5. Rearis

Rearis MDL Member

Nov 29, 2014
  6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    @Daz is the guy who knows booting better than I. I'm very happy using Grub boot manager and beyond that, ignorance is bliss.

(Grub is used when you daul-boot between Linux and Windows. It sits on the master boot records, which is something UEFI has nothing to worry about, usually)

7. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
  8. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    thanks dude youre very helpful. sorry for spam of random messages i just legit never had any problems with bios/boot before until i started f**king around with different os. im gonna try and use the one you linked tomorrow to see if same weird issues persist. meanwhile itd be great if the guy you @'ed could explain why boot order changed names haha

9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    :doh:

btw: Sometimes reading forum rules with regard to posting swearing or abbreviations thereof, is useful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Rearis

Rearis MDL Member

Nov 29, 2014
    #30 Rearis, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    - The rg-adguard site and the Windows ISO Downloader on HeiDoc.net site uses the same source (I guess, at least rg-adguard and windowsiso.net (another site for download Windows ISO's) uses...xD, I think GOD666 told me that on another topic). So anyway, I download from the site, that way I don't need to download that little program of HeiDoc.net, open it and download. It's faster and more practical from the site, at least for me.

- I think rg-adguard site is legit, I don't know, but It gives the SHA-1 for you to check, so it's pretty much secure. The checksum it's the ultimate file verification :D. But the HeiDoc tool it's awesome too.

Update:
    Yeah, I just checked the adguard site, and is from WZOR (the russian pirate group that gives to all of us Windows ISOs), so it's a legit thing =)

- MTK = Microsoft Tool Kit, which uses KMS activation.

- It's not my serial number, it's the "default" serial number (for the Pro version of Windows 10, (Multiple Editons)). You have used a pirate Windows before?

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    At least I didn't do it. :D :eekout:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    In the words of the late great EFA11, "In before the bin" :rasta:

13. THE GHOST

THE GHOST MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    You still can activate the Enterprise permanent with Mak serials using phone activation

14. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    #34 gavin mcguire, Oct 4, 2017
    (OP)
    me? swearing oh gosh that dont sound like me does it :dunno:

15. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    #35 gavin mcguire, Oct 4, 2017
    (OP)
    i know im asking stupid questions haha i just never really educated myself in pirated os. like ive had them, but for some reason i was never bothered to actually do them myself i always had someone else do it for me... now that i have to do it on my own, i found a lot of things very confusing, mostly because of my own curiosity.
    for example, i found it confusing that its literally THAT easy to pirate and activate a free os... not only that, you can literally choose any version too haha. There are so many ways to do it that i was just wondering which are the safest/most legit.

also im not really familiar with all the abbreviations y'all use on every day basis

With that being said i really appreciate you and god answering all that thanks guys <3

still have to figure out why my bios did what it did :mad:

16. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    aaahaha inside jokes that noone else understands:giggle:

17. JanKrohn

JanKrohn MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi,
    I'm the author of the downloader.
    Some ISOs are possible to download by direct link (discovered by try-and-error method). Some ISOs can be accessed by JavaScript injection on the Windows 10 download site. Some more ISOs require injection of JavaScript AND unlocking with an eligible product key.
    The files are legit because they come from Microsoft's server.
    MS has done something about it multiple times already. Let's hope I'll remain a few steps ahead of them.

18. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Epic post. :good3:

19. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Actually, the game comes from here.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/new-game-in-before-the-bin.61925/

So, everyone else -does- understand. ;)

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

20. Rearis

Rearis MDL Member

Nov 29, 2014
    So true :rofl: