A couple of questions about Updates and Certificates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by enigmatiX, Aug 8, 2009.

1. enigmatiX

enigmatiX MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2008
    I'll be using the act*vator.. 7lo*der Second edition By Hazar + Orbit30!

1.) How long (if at all) will the activation work? Does this particular loader use the Lenovo certificate, which might be blacklisted? I could simply uninstall and reinstall the newest loader if it does happen right?

2.) Should I be installing the Windows Updates through Microsoft?

Thanks for your time, it's greatly appreciated.

2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #2 HotCarl, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    You will stay activated as long as MS does not publish an update on Windows Update to disable the key (and you download and install it on you PC of course; they cannot simply remotely deactivate you with the push of a button). It is at your own risk whether or not to use Windows Update, as it is still usable at the moment (with the Lenovo key), but there is nothing stopping MS from logging your IP when you authenticate to their servers with the leaked Lenovo key.
    If I were you, I would just stick with that key until another OEM SLP key gets leaked as we get closer and closer to retail...just use Windows Update at your own risk and discretion if you need to use it.

3. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    1.) Like Vista, activation patch (such as lo*der) will work till Sir S.Ballmer release new update of WGA. And if you install that new WGA and current lo*der do not work any more, you need to install new version of lo*der.

2.) Activation lo*der make your windows Genuine (or at least seem to be Genuine), thus it can be updated from MS live update.