A couple of questions regarding Windows 8 Pro offered through DreamSpark Premium.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by secretromeo, Jul 4, 2013.

1. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hi,

I have recently signed up for an ACM student account and therefore I've got an year-worth access to their DreamSpark Premium web store. I have been offered two different product keys for Windows 8 Pro, one each for:

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 32/64-bit (English)
    Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 32/64-bit (French)

I have a few questions to ask.

1) Can I use the French product key to activate an English version of Win 8 Pro?
    2) The DreamSpark Premium licenses seem to be just like the retail version of Win 8 and not upgrade licenses. Does that mean that if ever I re-install (via a clean install) Win 8 on my PC, I will be able to successfully activate my license using the same product key I used to install and activate earlier?
    3) The DreamSpark EULA says I can install and use the Windows 8 Pro OS they offer on not more than 2 machines. Does that mean what I'm actually getting through my DreamSpark account are 4 licenses for Windows 8 Pro in case if the answer to my 1st question is a YES?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. Yes.
    2. Exactly, its retail. You can do it, but it is better to use something like this in this scenario.
    3. Theoretically yes; practically more if you consider phone activation.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I have used one key to reinstall 4~5 times on same machine but different drives, everytime it just activates by itself upon complete installation. :D

4. Newtechie

Newtechie MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2012
    Can I use the keys provided to us all on the ACM student account for Windows 8 pro to instal the windows 8.1 pro OS also??

Please share..

5. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    @Newtechie

Yes you can absolutely use Windows 8 Pro Keys to activate Windows 8.1 like how i have activated mine :biggrin: ...its working absolutely fine