A few questions

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ifndef, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ifndef

ifndef MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
    A few questions
    (guess I had it posted in wrong thread. Easily missed due o constant request posts.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is the corect thread to ask about this stuff.

So far I hav been sticking to helping out with the really easy gigabyte boards, mostly becuase thats is the manufacturer of my board and have sucsessfully flashed it and Petar provided the slic bin for me to look at. So I am comfortable working on them for others.

But before I move on to other manufacturers with award bios and current methods that are below, is there any one of them that is more successful than the other per manuacturer? Or do you always start with 4a and if not working move on to the others? As I havent done many I figure one ofyou that have been doing this for awhile noticed a patern between manufactures or maybe the age of the board? Also, 4b. is noted for Asus boards so does that mean that for asus stick with 4b first? Yen mentions that all both work but which have you had the most success with? Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks
    ifndef

Edit: I guess I could try the long way and pick apart all the bios alreaded modified to get the answer but that would take quite awhile... :)

4a. Then, (general method for Award bios)
    Cbrom yourbios.bin /ISA Iasus.bin

4b. Then, (mainly for Asus boards)
    cbrom yourbios.bin /Slpkey bbpubkey.bin
    cbrom yourbios.bin /Slpmarker bbmarker.bin

If the ISA method is not working you can try to insert as ISA2 or as ISA3 module like this:

CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A4:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA1)
    CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A5:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA2)
    CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A6:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA3)

Do only 4a or 4b. ISA method works generally. But you can try both methods for ALL Award bioses. (Credits: Yen)