A little help is needed. HP-Pavilion & Vista x64 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by highspeedmac, Aug 31, 2009.

1. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    System Info:
    Ok, I have been reading a lot of the topics here in the Vista Forum.

There is a lot of info and helpful topics here...:) But, "Cough", I'm utterly confused..

I got the above system from a friend, Who says when he got it, it had Vista Home Pre-installed on it.. "System was brand new". It still has the OEM key sticker on it. He removed Vista, Down graded it to Xppro64bit. "The System has no Recovery Disc as of now, Cause my friend didn't take the time to create them before he wiped vista home..

I have Vista Ultimate Sp1 x64, I want to know weather all I need to do is create an OEM Disc from MY Vista Disc, by using the OEM files that I have down loaded from this forum, "For the AXXXX -Series HP's", then adding a Vista Ultimate OEM key and PID to them & re-burning the disc. Or will I need to Modify MY Bios and then make an OEM disc to get my flavor of Vista to activate on this PC..

Umm, I hope that question makes sense? Please excuse my Newbie-ness.:eek:

Any help in understanding what I should do, is much appreciated.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Just make the oem disc with the certificate in the oem folder. You can then enter a serial number for whichever version you want.

Or add the PID file..it is up to you....:cool::D

The bios should be fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    :cool: Understood.

Thank you.

4. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #4 highspeedmac, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)