a little help

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by platin, Sep 30, 2013.

1. platin

platin MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2012
    hi, i want to try windows 8.1 however to me has been a hard work, so, i get it from MDL i follow the tutorial with rufus and then with others options like windows 7 usb tool or wintobootic, and with all i have the same issue cannot install windows 8.1 in my hdd becouse a i have a error 0x80070570. i search no web and i found a lots of stuff to win 7 about this but none resolve it, BUT, if i try on virtual machine, it install very well and works, i cheked the the MD5 and is ok, i even downlowded from others links but, i get the same error.
    do you have any ideia about this?
    thank you for your attention

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Check disk SMART status i bet you have a bad hard disk

3. platin

platin MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2012
    #3 platin, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    (OP)
    thanks for your replay, ok, a install hd tune and i got 1 error Attention (C7) Interface CRC Error Count 200 253 0 1 Number of interface communication errors:
    maybe that is causing problems, I will replace the cables

4. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Better use Crystal DiskInfo

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Be careful when diagnosing your hard disk. I mistakenly had a Sata II disk using a Sata I cable that doesn't have the little locks on the connection and it was reporting strange CRC errors as well.
    When I finally replaced the cable with a proper Sata II cable, the errors stopped.

I'm not saying the Sata I cable won't work on a Sata II drive, but it could have something to do with being properly secured or something...

6. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Theres no such thing as Sata1/2 cable, its the same cable for both. CRC errors you got were caused by a loose or defective cable.

7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #7 murphy78, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    There most certainly is such thing as a Sata I and Sata II cable. Try not to talk out your rear when 'correcting' people.

Back when they manufactured Sata I cables, they tested them to make sure they worked on Sata I drives. If you've received the default cheapo red Sata I cable in an older motherboard box when they started supporting SATA I, you'd recognize it. When they started making Sata II cables, they started making locking mechanisms. But that's not the only thing they changed, They started testing their cables on the newer drives with higher speeds.

If you make bicycles that are supposed to go 30mph tops, do you put up the money on the production of the tires to enable them to go 100mph? No, because that would be a waste of money and you'd go out of business.
    Well the same logic was going on when Sata I cables were being manufactured. Does it mean that they are defective? No, because they clearly work fine on Sata I speeds. It just means they weren't designed to go that fast.
    You might say "But murph, the spec hasn't changed"... To that I reply, yes but the manufacturing clearly has. The new locking mechanisms and the additional ground wires on most of the Sata III cables can attest to that. They might not be "required" to add locking mechanisms or extra ground wires, but they obviously felt they were necessary. Why they felt it was necessary, I don't know. I don't work at a Sata cable manufacturing company.

Could it be that they are just trying to sell more cables? If so it worked on me, since my default Sata I cable was giving crc errors no matter how many different Sata I cables I tried, but the Sata II cables worked fine with no errors. I tried a total of 6 Sata I cables I got from motherboard boxes designed for Sata I. They all had the same issues. The hard drives I had the issues on were Seagate Barracuda 1TB and 2TB drives. I know there are more current SSD drives that don't vibrate at all that could potentially not have this issue.

8. platin

platin MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2012
    i do the same with you tried all cables and get the same CRC issue "Count of errors found in data transfer in Ultra-DMA (UDMA-33,66,100) mode by CRC (control sum). Just one more method of error control in data transfer operations, but for high-speed transfer modes."

maybe my hdd is on the last moments of his life lol

9. eydee

eydee Guest

It may as well be too much/unstable OC or faulty RAM. These cases can look like another piece of hardware is dying because the data it sends gets corrupted in the RAM or CPU. I'd run memtest86 and/or Prime95 to be sure.

However, the best thing you can do is trying the HDD in another computer. If the error moves with it, you got it.

10. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    I'd go like this with that hard drive problem:

1. run to store get a hard drive cable or try replacing the one you using with one that came also in your motherboard's box
    2. when setting up windows, delete all partitions in W7's hard drive and let it partition
    3. install and see how it goes
    4. If doesn't work, do the same with another hard drive
    5. If problem still happens could be wrong OC, bad RAM or bad cpu, check hardware with prime95 or OCCT like they say here.

hope this helps

11. platin

platin MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2012

with prime95 it all ok, i will try memtest later...