A little noise: 'act!vators and 'cr.a.cks' for W7 7600 are useless, read here why!'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by libertard, Nov 11, 2009.

1. loliix

loliix MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2008
    Not trying to create any waves genuine555, but for laptop users, just notice how well Windows 7 recognizes the proper laptop model under "Devices and Printers" without needing to do anything other than the plain install.

Because of this, I do believe it may be somewhat easy to build a "W7 pre-installed laptop models database" and mark as non-genuine the Laptops who are currently activated with an SLP key but their models were never sold with this kind of OEM installs.

Nothing that may not be easily circumvented in the future, but right now this "mouse" should still be somewhat scared of the cat ;)

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009

You are right, and m$ will probably do something like that. But then still a considerable portion of bios-mod users will stay out of harms way even so.
    And for the ones getting hit, well, the people here are very smart. They will find solutions, no matter what m$ throws at them. The little mouse always finds a way out, so I stick with my saying that the mouse isn't really scared of the cat anymore. Let them do what they can, in the end it will not help a bit, we all know that :)