"A required device driver is missing..." Fresh install of Win 7 on new build

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Arrofalcon, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Arrofalcon

Arrofalcon MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2015
    All BIOS settings are default with the exception of the RAID setting and the RAID0 array I created between my two drives. I looked for a way to disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS but there isn't an option for that. I tried using only legacy mass storage device settings and that wasn't successful with 7 either.
    I have high hopes for 10, but I don't want to be too disappointed if it doesn't work.

I tried both the stickied ISO above and the one mentioned by Daz (Win 7 Home and Win 7 Pro).

2. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    From the manual man.PNG

windsman.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Hoping Win 10 does the job too, much longer for the download to complete ?

4. Arrofalcon

Arrofalcon MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2015
    Yeah, I used the C-2 legacy method to RAID because I had intentions of using Windows 7. I already have the RAID array created though, so I shouldn't have to redo that work now that I'm going to Windows 10, right?

Download is good, I copied onto the USB, and so far the setup is going great. I have the full RAID0 1.3TB available and I didn't have to install the mobo driver.
    In reference to the first quote, I don't need to redo my RAID array now that I'm going to Win 10, do I?

Still crossing my fingers, install is at 72%

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #45 MrMagic, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Sweet, no you don't need to touch your RAID array, just treat it as a normal drive and partition, format and whatever you need like you would any other drive

If install is at 72%, I think you've pretty much nailed it :)

If you used legacy for RAID, you could probably go back and do them again without using legacy, might get better performance, might not, but I think you'd need to reinstall windows if you do

6. mackrack5

mackrack5 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2010
    As Mentioned in Post N0.32 Windows 7 Supported.
    ISATA RAID/AHCI Shows following Note
    Intel SATA Preinstall driver
    (For AHCI / RAID Mode)
    Note: Windows setup to read from USB thumb drive.

Also

Windows 7 Shows USB Drivers Ver 4.0.0.36,Windows 8.1 Shows Ver 1.0.0.42,Windows 10 -No USb Drivers means Direct Compatible

So i think You must integrate USB 3 Ver 4 And SATA RAID/AHCI Drivers in Windows setup With the Help Of DISM GUI if you Can.

7. Arrofalcon

Arrofalcon MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2015
    Good deal! I'll start installing the extra mobo and GPU drivers once everything's loaded, then load the latest .NET package and get the KMS toolkit rocking.

Thanks for the help!

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    No probs, I know the frustration of a new build not working, makes you want to kill everything lol :)

9. Just_Be

Just_Be MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2015
    I haven't read all responses (long thread right now).

I had similar error response in past.

I wanted to install windows from hard drive from bootloader menu.

What worked for me in the end was to extract the Win7 files on ROOT directory of partition. Then it installed flawlessly.

Maybe ISO alone works too in ROOT directory, I forgot. Anyway, it was important windows installation had to find its files from a root directory. While files were saved in other directory I got this message as well.

Don't know, maybe it is helpful.

10. fred64

fred64 MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    #50 fred64, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...